I should be dead - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I should be dead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 09:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

As they say, dress for the crash, not for the ride

I always wear full-length pants, a jacket, and full helmet when I ride. Seen/heard of too many people checking out because they met a car/animal/bump-in-the-road on a bike

Old 06-08-2009, 09:49 PM   #22

Default Damn lucky

You are a lucky SOB man i got it a little harder. I pretty much got into the same situation but instead of just smashing the deer he turned towards me right before i hit him and in fear if his horns, i had to lay it down, causing me to hit his legs and him smashing down on me resulting in broken ribs. I carry a p226 in .357 SIg and it has never let me down. Random i know. good to know ur still breathing, one more person to help the support of firearms.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Now im not completly sure about this but i think the reason i didnt get more rash especially on my hip while i was sliding, was the fact i was wearing my trusty old glock 23 in a 20 dollar phobus holster that took most of the abuse but left the gun untouched

but thanks for all the kind words guys

Old 06-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #24

Glad to hear you had minimal damage(on you anyway)
I highsided back in '02 and separated both ac joints and tore my left rotator cuff and I thanked God for letting me off easy.
Still ride though

Old 06-11-2009, 04:04 AM   #25

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Hey glad you're OK; lucky you weren't badly hurt!

I have a friend in the UK who came off his bike, broken collarbone, 2 days unconscious in IC. And worst of all, they set his break wrongly so now he has a bloody great lump of bone right where a rifle butt sits. Well that's the NHS for you Understandably he's really unhappy about that.