Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I shot an Arrow.......... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-shot-arrow-53939/)

willshoum 12-21-2011 06:39 PM

I shot an Arrow..........

Where is a safe place to shoot????????????? Young Amish girl killed by a man that fired his black powdered rifle after cleaning...... Shot was 1.5 miles from his home to where the girl was killed.........People, Please........:(

Cory2 12-21-2011 07:11 PM

Anywhere with a good backstop.

texaswoodworker 12-21-2011 07:52 PM

I have to agree with Cody on the backstop. That is one hell of a freak shot. (not saying that it is a good thing). Isn't that a new record? Just wondering.

orangello 12-21-2011 07:59 PM

I worked with a lady whose kid went turtle-popping with a buddy and accidentally sent a .22LR ricochet over a half mile (and a highway) into some youngster's head. That was a bad situation all around. IIRC, the youngster did not die and the coworker's son didn't go to jail.

Next time, i bet he uses a shotgun on the turtles.

Jeepergeo 12-21-2011 08:13 PM

Know your backstop and what's beyond it. Keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction. The guy with the black powder firearm broke some basic rules...the child is dead and this guy will live with that for the rest of his life.

There's just no room for breaking the basic safety rules, and as we can see in this case, the cost of breaking the rules can be enormous. I can't imagine the pain the child's family is experiencing.

JTJ 12-21-2011 08:41 PM

We were in trailer park in Oregon and the kids were young. There was a play area behind the park with some swings and teeter totters. My wife and I were playing with the kids when bullets started dropping around us. I got them back to the trailer and jumped in my truck. On the way out I told the manager what was going on and to call the police. I followed the road around and found where 3 idiots were shooting at dirt clods tossed in the air with their handguns. There was a hill and they were shooting over it and into the park. I yelled at them to stop shooting and was told where to go. They decided to listen when my 12 gauge came out. They were in the open and I was behind my truck. A deputy sheriff pulled in and told me to put the shotgun away and get out of there. He told the idiots to leave their guns in the dirt. As I pulled away I saw he had the the idiots were braced against his car. I dont know what the outcome was but I am sure they got at least a reaming. I figure he told me to get gone so he would not have to charge me. I think he had a pretty good idea of how mad I was too.

willshoum 12-21-2011 08:47 PM

At a lost......

If you are one that watches these IDIOTS on tv that hunt gators...... You will see them use rifles on open waters...... I think they need to read the laws in La. By the way, Mr Landry is losing ground by taking away the other gator hunters terr. by out bidding them on there gator leases. no dought from the money he recieves from the show.......Lifes a beattch.....Pay backs a M677890074228007533 :mad:

orangello 12-21-2011 08:50 PM

Am i wrong for finding it ironic that an Amish person was hit by a round from a replica/antique rifle? I think it is irony, just damn sad irony in this case.

unclebear 12-21-2011 09:34 PM

I shoot on private property family owned, well the land owner next door built a small house for his daughter there's a tree line that divides the properties, we were over clearing the back field when we started hearing pinging sounds from the truck. We didn't know what the hell it was so I walked over there it kept going then my passenger side window started to crack and I could see the holes in the window.

Well turns out the neighbors kids decided to do a little plinking with there 22 they had cans on the property fence and thought it was ok because there was a big field behind it. By the time I got over to the neighbors house they where done plinking and I had a nice little talk with there mother when the kids came out they decided to get smart with me and I almost beat both them I showed there dad my truck and he replaced the window. Down side my truck got damaged good side I had helped clearing the rest of the field.

I agree it's uber Ironic, sad but ironic, stupid people inhabit it the earth it's our job a responsible gun owners to make sure people are safe at least around us.