I was ranting....but GOOD NEWS!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I was ranting....but GOOD NEWS!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default I was ranting....but GOOD NEWS!!

So I have been stressed a little more lately then usual as my wife is job hunting, going to interview after interview and nothing has panned out. I hate my job and have almost no free time, working long hours and 6 days a week. I'm about 6 inches from having a dream jobbut I'm stuck where I'm at so I can keep some health insurance. They are currently making a bunch of changes here at work that make me want to gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon.
Yesterday, I stop everything. I'm going shooting and the wife wants to come, great! So we load up the Marlin 795 that I bought 2 months ago and still haven't shot, my XD and her SP101. We drive about an hour up to my parents land, unload, set up a target and put 50-60 22LR down range when we hear some thunder and the bottom falls out. Now we're grabbing gear, trying to get it in my truck before it gets wet. We got the gear in but now we're wet in a terrible down pour. I think this is just a summer storm and shouldn't last long and we did drive an hour. My wife agrees so we wait for about 15 minutes and it stops. Awesome!! We get out, get our stuff back out, I load a mag in the 45, grab my shooting cube when it starts raining again. This time it doesn't stop and rained for the next hour as we drove home. I couldn't even blow off steam there!!

I must mention the 795 though, the crappy, factory open sites, crappy Federal brick ammo and at 25 yards I was shooting 1". This is while I was using the corner of the bed of my truck and my arm as a rest(we were there to shoot pistol mainly). I think with a scope and some better ammo I might have a decent shooter for $115.

I was just about to post this when my wife called and said she was offered a job as an art teacher(which is what she feels called to do) at a local school and she starts Wednesday. PRAISE GOD!!! This is an answer to some serious prayer! I cannot tell you guys how much of a burden/stress has just been lifted off me. Until this I was the sole provider for everything, she worked part time but only made enough to cover a bill or two a month. My level of relaxation has hit a high for the past 6-8 months. Now I need to drive another hour so I can celebrate with some shooting!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Damn good to hear that news Spitty, I am happy for you and the Mrs' now you both can celebrate and relax a little.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I forgot to mention, this allows me to quit this crappy job I currently have and go do something I actually enjoy doing and get paid more for it at the same time. Insurance has been running my life lately but hey, it's better then obamacare!

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'm 6 inches from having a dream job
Nailing down the lead role in the all male, XXX cast remake of Heavy Into Jeff??

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I was just about to post this when my wife called and said she was offered a job as an art teacher(which is what she feels called to do) at a local school and she starts Wednesday. PRAISE GOD!!! This is an answer to some serious prayer! I cannot tell you guys how much of a burden/stress has just been lifted off me. Until this I was the sole provider for everything, she worked part time but only made enough to cover a bill or two a month. My level of relaxation has hit a high for the past 6-8 months. Now I need to drive another hour so I can celebrate with some shooting!
Seriously that is GREAT news SF. Really glad for you and the missus. I double dog dare you to pick up a couple of steaks, a couple of huge potatoes and a 6 pack of Dos Exqius on the way home and make a big assed production out of it!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

JD

Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #5

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

Congratulations on both your wife's job and your being able to do what you want and make more money.

The good thing is that he never gives us more than we can handle (even though it feels like it at times).

Old 08-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Glad to hear it spit.
The job part that is, the rain out sucks.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #7

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

I dont recall who said this, but I once heard, "Do a job you love, and youll never work a day in your life." If you can do that, your a luckier man then I.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 08-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Congrats SF! I'm glad that your wife and you can enjoy a deserved happiness...

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #9

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

That's GREAT news spittinfire! Now you'll have more time/money to pursue your future bowhunting & a couple 1911s.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's excellent news. Congratulations to your wife on her new job and kudos to you for sticking things out. I know it's not easy.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams