I need to apologize - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I need to apologize

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Time to open that bubsiness you've always wanted, what with the economy doing so well!!

OK, I know that was a cold shot, I'm sorry.

I hope everything works out for you two!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #12

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Thank you all for the well wishes. I know we will make it through, we have saved enough money, but it still messes with your outlook.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #13

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Your bio says Central Valley, CA. Is that anywhere near Mendota, CA. There is a brand new Federal Prison opening there that is currently hiring for multiple jobs. USAJOBS-Mendota

It pays better than average, and the federal employee health care and other benefits are only surpassed by the military and Congress.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

We went through a situation similar to yours last month. Things started to turn around even before the wife stopped crying. Ya'll sound like the kind of people that'll make it work out. You never know. . . it could be a blessing in disguise. Good luck.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Hey Darin, if you want to take a break, come on up to Sacramento and we'll hit the range and grab a burger.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2010, 06:10 PM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I still must have missed the pi$$y posts, everything seemed reasonable to me.

Hang in there, I think we're on the cusp of a big turnaround in this country, especially in the arena of employment.

And get out of Cali.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:17 AM   #17

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Guys thanks for the wishes. It really does help to know that others have gone through this and all have made it. It is also a great boost to know that others have faith it will work out.

Michigan, I can't thank you enough for that info, you probably just changed my life and the life of some of my family who need jobs. Thank you.

Diggs, I'm glad it all worked out and I hope we have the same fortune as you.

CA357, I appreciate the invite and will take you up on that.

Benning, LOL maybe I was reading my mood into my statements, but hey I would rather admit it and move on without worrying. I don't want to move out of CA, I love it here. The women here are beautiful, the weather is great and if we ever get that earthquake I keep getting told about, I'll have beachfront property

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 02-22-2010, 12:56 AM   #18

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

DC, I did not notice anything "off" in your posts. I trust that you and your wife will be OK.

Stay strong, and keep breathing.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It will work out, but it will probably happen faster if you & she make it work out. Get her to start making contact with her customers and suppliers (or similar type people/positions) she knows through her current job to shake their trees & see if any of them know of any positions she could go for. She might be surprised who remembers & values & needs her or someone like her. Best of luck!

On the flip side, this might be a good time for some inexpensive camping/sight-seeing trips that you may have been putting off due to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
...and if we ever get that earthquake I keep getting told about, I'll have beachfront property
That is lemonade right there!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #20

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post

Michigan, I can't thank you enough for that info, you probably just changed my life and the life of some of my family who need jobs. Thank you.
You are very welcome. There will be more, and different jobs available later on, they havent post an announcement for Correctional Officers yet. The ony disclaimer is that every position in the prison is considered law enforcement, so you must be under the age of 37 unless you have military service. Hopefully you, or your wife, or other family can join my Bureau of Prisons family. It is a crappy job dealing with inmates, but.... Its pretty much an easy job 95% of the time, unless you get stuck in the middle of a riot like I was. Even though I am against a big G, there will always be job security. One perk is that as a LEO you get to conceal carry in any city and any state without out a permit.

Darin- keep me informed on your progress with getting hired. Unfortunately I dont have any pull to get you hired, but I might be able to give some advice on the process. Best wishes

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945