Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I need to apologize

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 04:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default I need to apologize

If I have been an a$$ today I'm sorry.

Yesterday my wife took the day off and we decided to drive up to the mountains and check out the snowfall near us. We spent the whole day up there and had a wonderful day. You know one of those days that is so perfect it renews your marriage.

When we were driving back and got in cell range my wife gets a voicemail. She asks me rhetorically why her boss would be calling her. She calls her work and asks for her boss. About ten seconds of silence makes me look over at my wife who is sheet white and crying. As it turns out her company is closing two offices in three months and she will be out of a job. Along with her job goes the benifits, not to mention the money we need. When I got retired three years ago I took a huge paycut (over $1k a month), which made us rely on her income. Now we are in limbo. She has three months to find another job and I have to cancel my plans of going back to school so I can get another job. We'll make it I know that, but it still screws with your attitude

I have been trying to shrug it off, but looking back at some of my posts I have not been doing that too well. So sorry again.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-21-2010, 05:01 AM   #2

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Nothing wrong with your posts that I see. That's tough having the income, living as things are okay and then the rug is pulled from beneath your feet. I was doing fine with 1 1/2 pensions and a full time gig with bene's until last mid Nov. when I got slammed. We were spending money because we had it and suddenly it wasn't there. Unfortunately Christmas came up and the bills that show up just after the first of the year and I'm already $7k from my savings in 2 1/2 months, and my daughter lost her dental and medical insurance.

Good luck to you and your wife, things will work out even if it takes a while.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 02-21-2010, 05:09 AM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarinCraft View Post
If I have been an a$$ today I'm sorry.

Yesterday my wife took the day off and we decided to drive up to the mountains and check out the snowfall near us. We spent the whole day up there and had a wonderful day. You know one of those days that is so perfect it renews your marriage.

When we were driving back and got in cell range my wife gets a voicemail. She asks me rhetorically why her boss would be calling her. She calls her work and asks for her boss. About ten seconds of silence makes me look over at my wife who is sheet white and crying. As it turns out her company is closing two offices in three months and she will be out of a job. Along with her job goes the benifits, not to mention the money we need. When I got retired three years ago I took a huge paycut (over $1k a month), which made us rely on her income. Now we are in limbo. She has three months to find another job and I have to cancel my plans of going back to school so I can get another job. We'll make it I know that, but it still screws with your attitude

I have been trying to shrug it off, but looking back at some of my posts I have not been doing that too well. So sorry again.
You are good, bro. Unless you put something out there I did not see, you're cool by me.

Hey, look to the positive. Maybe she can get one of the 3mil+ jobs promised by BO in his first year.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 AM   #4

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Darin, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You're a good guy, and good things happen to good people.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:49 AM   #5

Liked 34 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I hope that everything works out for you guys. That is hard to deal with when stuff like that happens. Just stay strong and you guys will make it through

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 02-21-2010, 06:56 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

1. You are not alone

2. This too, shall pass

3. When one door closes, another opens

While none of those sayings fills the fridge, they may lift your spirit. You are both in my prayers.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
1. You are not alone

2. This too, shall pass

3. When one door closes, another opens

While none of those sayings fills the fridge, they may lift your spirit. You are both in my prayers.
Darin, CA

Both of you, and your families, are in our prayers. We know what you are going through. We are just coming out the back side of a similar situation. Eventually the light at the end of the tunnel will actually be the sun and not a train.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Old 02-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Hope things pick up for you soon

Hang in there Bro.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 02-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #9

Wow, sorry to hear about the hardship. Who knows, may be your wife will find a better paying job that she likes better. Things always have a way of working themselves out.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #10

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

I hate that this keeps happening to decent people. My parents owned a house by the beach in Huntington Beach, CA.. They were making great money with only 5yrs left on the mortgage and BOTH lost their jobs in the past 2 years. Best of luck to you, keep your head up!

In god we trust, all others we monitor...