Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I need to apologize (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-need-apologize-23663/)

DarinCraft 02-21-2010 04:52 AM

I need to apologize

If I have been an a$$ today I'm sorry.

Yesterday my wife took the day off and we decided to drive up to the mountains and check out the snowfall near us. We spent the whole day up there and had a wonderful day. You know one of those days that is so perfect it renews your marriage.

When we were driving back and got in cell range my wife gets a voicemail. She asks me rhetorically why her boss would be calling her. She calls her work and asks for her boss. About ten seconds of silence makes me look over at my wife who is sheet white and crying. As it turns out her company is closing two offices in three months and she will be out of a job. Along with her job goes the benifits, not to mention the money we need. When I got retired three years ago I took a huge paycut (over $1k a month), which made us rely on her income. Now we are in limbo. She has three months to find another job and I have to cancel my plans of going back to school so I can get another job. We'll make it I know that, but it still screws with your attitude

I have been trying to shrug it off, but looking back at some of my posts I have not been doing that too well. So sorry again.

Car54 02-21-2010 05:01 AM

Nothing wrong with your posts that I see. That's tough having the income, living as things are okay and then the rug is pulled from beneath your feet. I was doing fine with 1 1/2 pensions and a full time gig with bene's until last mid Nov. when I got slammed. We were spending money because we had it and suddenly it wasn't there. Unfortunately Christmas came up and the bills that show up just after the first of the year and I'm already $7k from my savings in 2 1/2 months, and my daughter lost her dental and medical insurance.

Good luck to you and your wife, things will work out even if it takes a while.

skullcrusher 02-21-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarinCraft (Post 233764)
If I have been an a$$ today I'm sorry.

Yesterday my wife took the day off and we decided to drive up to the mountains and check out the snowfall near us. We spent the whole day up there and had a wonderful day. You know one of those days that is so perfect it renews your marriage.

When we were driving back and got in cell range my wife gets a voicemail. She asks me rhetorically why her boss would be calling her. She calls her work and asks for her boss. About ten seconds of silence makes me look over at my wife who is sheet white and crying. As it turns out her company is closing two offices in three months and she will be out of a job. Along with her job goes the benifits, not to mention the money we need. When I got retired three years ago I took a huge paycut (over $1k a month), which made us rely on her income. Now we are in limbo. She has three months to find another job and I have to cancel my plans of going back to school so I can get another job. We'll make it I know that, but it still screws with your attitude

I have been trying to shrug it off, but looking back at some of my posts I have not been doing that too well. So sorry again.

You are good, bro. Unless you put something out there I did not see, you're cool by me.

Hey, look to the positive. Maybe she can get one of the 3mil+ jobs promised by BO in his first year. :mad:

lonyaeger 02-21-2010 06:04 AM

Darin, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You're a good guy, and good things happen to good people.

RugerShootinGal 02-21-2010 06:49 AM

I hope that everything works out for you guys. That is hard to deal with when stuff like that happens. Just stay strong and you guys will make it through:)

CA357 02-21-2010 06:56 AM

1. You are not alone

2. This too, shall pass

3. When one door closes, another opens

While none of those sayings fills the fridge, they may lift your spirit. You are both in my prayers.

Glasshartt 02-21-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 233794)
1. You are not alone

2. This too, shall pass

3. When one door closes, another opens

While none of those sayings fills the fridge, they may lift your spirit. You are both in my prayers.

Darin, CA

Both of you, and your families, are in our prayers. We know what you are going through. We are just coming out the back side of a similar situation. Eventually the light at the end of the tunnel will actually be the sun and not a train. ;)

Jo da Plumbr 02-21-2010 01:08 PM

Hope things pick up for you soon

Hang in there Bro.

Desperado-OPs 02-21-2010 01:33 PM

Wow, sorry to hear about the hardship. Who knows, may be your wife will find a better paying job that she likes better. Things always have a way of working themselves out.

Dizzll 02-21-2010 03:40 PM

I hate that this keeps happening to decent people. My parents owned a house by the beach in Huntington Beach, CA.. They were making great money with only 5yrs left on the mortgage and BOTH lost their jobs in the past 2 years. Best of luck to you, keep your head up!