The I miss thread. - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The I miss thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I miss the days when educating a child was more important than maintaining his self esteem.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #72

Liked 838 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 1731

Default I miss....

A truly well educated individual will have self-esteem....
But... back to the subject at hand. I miss the days of respect and manners toward women. Say what you will... a gentleman never goes out of style.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:37 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
A truly well educated individual will have self-esteem....
I agree with you. What I was referring to is the tendency these days to dumb down the curriculum so everyone thinks they are well educated. It's the no child left behind syndrome. Everyone passes, and if they still believe 2+2=5, we'll just change the value of 2. Heaven forbid Little Junior is a disruptive student. If he is, we call it a sickness and medicate that behavior right out of him. We would never consider the fact that he might just be an undisciplined little ####.

Quote:
I miss the days of respect and manners toward women. Say what you will... a gentleman never goes out of style.
I miss the days when a woman would act like a lady and thank the gentleman for his kindness.

Chivalry did not die a natural death. Women's libbers murdered it. I have literally been cussed at, glared at, and even spit at for the simple act of holding a door for a woman. In spite of that, I still do it. Thankfully the fight for equal rights has become less combative over the years.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #74

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post

Chivalry did not die a natural death. Women's libbers murdered it. I have literally been cussed at, glared at, and even spit at for the simple act of holding a door for a woman. In spite of that, I still do it. Thankfully the fight for equal rights has become less combative over the years.
If a woman can act like a man, by SPITTING at you, then treat her like a man and trip that biotch.

That said, I think a man is doing it right when his kid asks his girlfriend, "do you even know how to open your own door?"
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #75
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7783 Times on 4671 Posts
Likes Given: 9757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I miss the days when a woman would act like a lady and thank the gentleman for his kindness.

I feel like a million bucks when a man treats me with such respect. And I thank all you men who hold a door open for a lady. And I never forget to say thank you.
People Like This 
Old 04-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I feel like a million bucks when a man treats me with such respect. And I thank all you men who hold a door open for a lady. And I never forget to say thank you.
You may be female by gender, but you are a lady by choice. Thank you. I know there are many of you still out there, and it always brightens my day to meet one.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #77
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21994 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
it comes from how a person is raised. even after almost ten years together, i still open doors for my wife. my wife deserves respect and i treat her with respect.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:55 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
If a woman can act like a man, by SPITTING at you, then treat her like a man and trip that biotch.
I wouldn't do that, but she did learn a lesson that day. Make sure you are through the doorway before spitting. She dropped her package trying to catch the door I let go of. From what I heard I think there was glass in her bag.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Wth.............

Sorry, honey can you please open the door, my arms are full.....[ you went shopping with your wife]................ Or your arms can't carry all that ammo in one trip................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #80

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I open doors, including car door for my wife. If its my truck were riding in I pick her up and put her in, so she doesn't have to crawl up or give anyone a show.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This