Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The I miss thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr43 View Post
I miss the clarity of days gone by, when there was right and wrong - not shades of gray, when there was morality not "political correctness", accountability not "plausible deniability".
Quotable!

Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 PM   #42

Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Default I miss....

Watching "Hee Haw" on a Saturday night with my parents and brothers.... with those great musical guest like....

Old 04-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #43
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5654 Times on 3323 Posts
Likes Given: 4773

I miss my 1965 VW beetle. I miss the fun I had in that heap and the friends I shared it with. I miss warm quart cans of cheap beer and frozen-necked bottles of beer from the icehouse swigged down in the seemingly-eternal summer heat to the sweet songs of cicadas, frogs, and other horny critters trying to serenade a mate. I miss driving two hours to another state to find a "18 legal" liquor store and the happy faces of our friends when we returned. I miss sweaty, half-innocent games of striptag with girls whose last names I probably never knew. I miss the wonder of finding anything new and good in this world. I miss the anticipation of great things to come.

I miss the ignorance of my youth and the freedom it brought.

Damn, I think I need a drink.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

People Like This 
Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #44

Liked 257 Times on 227 Posts

I sometimes miss having someone to say I love you to.

I miss the days when I wasn't the only one whom always spoke their mind no matter its thought.

I sometimes miss my really high end dive watches, sold off to afford the next flash in the pan hobby... guns.

I miss not having to trim hair everywhere.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #45
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 16881 Times on 9779 Posts
Likes Given: 44017

one of the things i miss very much from my youth, is drive-in theaters. i remember the summers of my youth, when on saturday mornings my father announced we were going to go to the drive-in that evening and see a movie and we would get out the newspaper to see what was showing and we would have a vote on which one to see. at that time we lived in Houston Texa and there were many drive-ins to choose from. that afternoon we would start popping popcorn and buttering it and putting it into those huge brown grocery sacks. my father would load up the old Coleman cooler with ice and soft drinks. we would head to the drive-in about an hour before dark and find a place to set up and Dad would let my brother and i play on the jungle jims before the movies started. about dark thirty, my mother would spread quilts on the ground in front of the car for my brother and i. Dad had a Volkswagon Bug! i remember they would alot of times have some cartoons on before the main feature. then we'd watch the movies, eat our pocorn and have our soft drinks. my brother and i would usually fall asleep in the car on the way home and our father would usually carry us both in and put us to bed. i miss those days.

People Like This 
Old 04-09-2013, 12:27 AM   #46

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
one of the things i miss very much from my youth, is drive-in theaters.
QFT. Those were going away as I was growing up, but I still remember a few. Those were awesome!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #47
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
QFT. Those were going away as I was growing up, but I still remember a few. Those were awesome!
yes they were Trip!

i can remember when i first got my DL and going to the drive-in with my girlfriend. i can't tell you how many movies i went to see, but never saw! but that's another story!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 AM   #48

Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Default I miss...

Axe, Trip... Buddies, this one's for you...

Old 04-09-2013, 01:07 AM   #49
War and Peace
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC1760 View Post
Axe, Trip... Buddies, this one's for you...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKrKHlleKXY
i like it! thank you NC1760!

Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 AM   #50
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 787 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
one of the things i miss very much from my youth, is drive-in theaters. i remember the summers of my youth, when on saturday mornings my father announced we were going to go to the drive-in that evening and see a movie and we would get out the newspaper to see what was showing and we would have a vote on which one to see. at that time we lived in Houston Texa and there were many drive-ins to choose from. that afternoon we would start popping popcorn and buttering it and putting it into those huge brown grocery sacks. my father would load up the old Coleman cooler with ice and soft drinks. we would head to the drive-in about an hour before dark and find a place to set up and Dad would let my brother and i play on the jungle jims before the movies started. about dark thirty, my mother would spread quilts on the ground in front of the car for my brother and i. Dad had a Volkswagon Bug! i remember they would alot of times have some cartoons on before the main feature. then we'd watch the movies, eat our pocorn and have our soft drinks. my brother and i would usually fall asleep in the car on the way home and our father would usually carry us both in and put us to bed. i miss those days.
Axxe,
Starlight in Ennis still shows on 4 or 5 screens...
Glad I brought my kids there to see for themselves. 2 hours away, so not a frequent trip...they fell asleep on the way home, of course!

I miss the 5 and dime...Woolworth, Ben Franklins...
I miss the Charles Chip man!
How about the Fuller Brush man....or the social environment that was conducive to those businesses!
Got a Wally World going up in site of my backyard...ugh!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

axxe55 Likes This