The I miss thread. - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The I miss thread.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 PM   #121
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
eatmydust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: pennsylvania
Posts: 4,318
Liked 3550 Times on 2030 Posts
Likes Given: 2417

Default

I miss the days when i was naive enough not to consider concealed carry. That was quite a long time ago!

__________________
"Your fear is 100% dependent on you for it's survival." - Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
eatmydust is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #122
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 0
Liked 22190 Times on 12450 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
I miss the days when i was naive enough not to consider concealed carry. That was quite a long time ago!
i miss the days when it wasnt needed to conceal carry!
__________________
Axxe55 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,704
Liked 7025 Times on 3889 Posts
Likes Given: 6763

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i miss the days when it wasnt needed to conceal carry!
Right on, Axxe. My first couple of years in LE, I never bothered to carry an off duty weapon. Wasn't needed. Then the sh!thole that the 60s hippy scumbags had turned the West Coast into, spread like a cancer nationwide.

I miss the days when almost everybody took a shower or bath EVERY day.

I miss the days when men tried to be gentlemen and weomen tried to be ladies.

I miss the days when women looked pretty and smelled good.

I miss the days when men wore white shirts and neckties.

I miss the days when baseball caps were worn by baseball players.

I miss the days when parents taught their children to say things like "please, thank you, sir, and ma'am."

I miss the days when people had clean shaves and shined boots.

I miss respect. Especially self respect.

I miss the days when self esteem was EARNED!

I miss the days when men removed their hat and stood up when the colors passed or the National Anthem was sung.

I miss the days when people who got "in your face" had their face re-arranged!
__________________
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know
locutus is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #124
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NC1760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nawth Cackalackee
Posts: 1,104
Liked 840 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 1742

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Right on, Axxe. My first couple of years in LE, I never bothered to carry an off duty weapon. Wasn't needed. Then the sh!thole that the 60s hippy scumbags had turned the West Coast into, spread like a cancer nationwide.

I miss the days when almost everybody took a shower or bath EVERY day.

I miss the days when men tried to be gentlemen and weomen tried to be ladies.

I miss the days when women looked pretty and smelled good.

I miss the days when men wore white shirts and neckties.

I miss the days when baseball caps were worn by baseball players.

I miss the days when parents taught their children to say things like "please, thank you, sir, and ma'am."

I miss the days when people had clean shaves and shined boots.

I miss respect. Especially self respect.

I miss the days when self esteem was EARNED!

I miss the days when men removed their hat and stood up when the colors passed or the National Anthem was sung.

I miss the days when people who got "in your face" had their face re-arranged!
I miss the time when this thread didn't sound so much like the "I Hate" thread.
__________________
NC1760 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #125
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,823
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

I miss the days when our national anthem was sung the way it was written.

I miss the days when you could display our country's flag without having to hire a lawyer.

__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
4
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #126
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
willshoum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houma, La.,La.
Posts: 5,433
Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Grand maws...............

I miss her coffee, and lectures on life...........................Not to mention her smile and the reception when going to visit her at her home.................

__________________

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

willshoum is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #127
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 9,440
Liked 8412 Times on 4535 Posts
Likes Given: 17801

Default

I miss yayamamasami

image-3066270688.jpg  
__________________

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄


Last edited by MisterMcCool; 04-14-2013 at 05:35 PM.
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:46 PM   #128
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
nosaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 744
Liked 296 Times on 198 Posts

Default

I miss being optimistic about life. Realism replaced optimism a few years back.

I miss looking forward to the weekends.

__________________
nosaj is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #129
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,898
Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Default

I miss people being civil to one another.

__________________
johnr1943 is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,823
Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnr1943 View Post
I miss people being civil to one another.
Amen to that one. I was so tempted to post a smart answer, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I must be having an off day. <grin>
__________________
Doc3402 is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
did i miss something? mountainman13 Politics, Religion and Controversy 34 07-10-2012 08:42 PM
What would you miss? Jesse17 Survival & Sustenance Living Forum 20 05-29-2011 05:30 AM
I'll miss Olbermann just like I'd miss projectile diarrhea canebrake Politics, Religion and Controversy 21 01-25-2011 03:50 AM
Did I miss something? BILLYBOB44 The Club House 4 03-06-2009 01:57 PM