The I miss thread. - Page 12
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The I miss thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #111
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

I miss my ex-house.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #112
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7586 Times on 4175 Posts
Likes Given: 7331

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
I miss Reagan, too. The most powerful man leading the most powerful country, and he still kept his sense of humor. He was much stronger than a lot of people gave him credit for.
I miss Ronald Reagan and Maggie Thatcher.

The reaL DYNAMIC DUO

“There aren't any great men. There are just great challenges that ordinary men like you and me are forced by circumstances to meet.”http://thinkexist.com/i/sq/as0.gif Admiral William Frederick Halsey Jr. (Bull) quote

People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #113

Liked 230 Times on 172 Posts

Still miss the ex girlfriend.... Had no idea it'd last this long

Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #114
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8658 Times on 5165 Posts
Likes Given: 11404

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
So sorry...........

Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 PM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
I have been married 18 years. She is the only woman I could really say I was ever in love with. I would hate to lose her. Damn...now I need a shot of Jagermeister.
People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 05:42 PM   #116
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 437 Times on 229 Posts
Likes Given: 914

I miss waking up and hearing my wife breathing next to me. I miss the smell of fresh coffee in the morning knowing she got up to make it for me. I miss her griping at me because I didn't mow the yard when she wanted it done. I miss her.
People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #117
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
I miss waking up and hearing my wife breathing next to me. I miss the smell of fresh coffee in the morning knowing she got up to make it for me. I miss her griping at me because I didn't mow the yard when she wanted it done. I miss her.
that's sad. honestly i never thought about such things when i was younger and married, but now that the wife and i are older, and after reading about your wife, it causes me to think about that in the future, one of us will go before the other, and leave the other one behind, alone.

i don't know if it would be better for me to go first or her. in sort of non selfish part of me, i hope she goes first, so she doesn't have to deal with my loss and being alone. that she goes first, because she is a kind and loving person and gets to bein paradise before me. that she goes first, to end all her pain and suffering and so she not hurting anymore. i feel even with this loss i can suffer through the loss and the being alone better than if i went first. i do know, that if she does go first, i will be missing one of the greatest parts of my life.

Widowmaker, i am sorry for your loss and you have my condolences and prayers. thank you for that post, because it brings to light that we need to cherish the time we have with the most important people in our lives. it sounds like your wife was an important part of your life and that she is deeply missed. and the more we miss someone, it reinforces the fact that we truly did love them, and the influence they had on our lives.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #118
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8658 Times on 5165 Posts
Likes Given: 11404

Quote:
Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
That made me cry. She's with you still. Just not in the way you would like it to be. Hang in there. This is a wall you are hitting that will change the whole direction of your life.........once again. You're going to head in a new direction and you will eventually find out where that new direction will take you. But she will always be with you.

I equate life to a pinball game. We are the ball. Hitting bumpers, getting whacked by the flippers, stuck in kick out holes, getting thrown by a popper to a whole new level. Each event changes our direction. We are always the same ball but forever on a new adventure, following a new path, picking up points along the way. Wait and see where you land next. It just might be somewhere soothing and a good place to be.......just different.
People Like This 
Old 04-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #119
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Less than .99 cent gas...

When I went to high school $20 filled a Cadillac, now it doesnt even come close to filling my tiny Rampage...
It was $7 for me.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:49 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1069 Times on 718 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

I miss remembering why I walked into the bathroom.