I love the FOP Pleasant Grove, AL Gun Range
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I love the FOP Pleasant Grove, AL Gun Range

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 02:06 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Default I love the FOP Pleasant Grove, AL Gun Range

Man today I went to the gun range and let me tell you what....people are more nice.

Gun owning people are the nicest damn people on earth. I got to shoot my first 1911 today and sadly I have to say.....I LOVED IT......course I rented a range 1911 and it sucked...not accurate at all....then a guy offered me to shoot his tricked out Taurus 1911....my ONLY complain is that the slide release is hard to hit....needs to be extended because the safety gets in the way....anyway he put a compensator on the guy and he was hitting damn close to a 1 foot grouping at 100 yard around a metal plate....that's one bad ass 1911....I'm getting a Taurus 1911 as my next gun if I get a job now...I'll send it off to stalking bear to get it customized since he's got one like that.

Also here's the kicker...the same guy who let me shoot his 1911...let me shoot his tricked out DPMS....accurate as hell...everything I would want in an AR-15....and then some South Korean .223 which I can't remember the name......then the new MP5 .22 they got going around....and another .22 Walter bulpup like rilfe...and an SKS like mine but in the tapco stock and with a scope that was AS accurate as the AR-15 amazingly...or he just got a damn good scope for it....or I'm a good fricking shot again.

He then helped me get my Kel-Tec sighted in somewhat...and then when we were looking around for allen wrenches in his bag he found a Birdcage flash hider that would fit my Kel-Tec Su-16...it was from his DPMS...he said he didn't want it as I was testing it out on my Kel-tec to look at it just for kicks....so he gave me a new flash hider....I'm a happy camper....god I love this country. Makes me proud to fight for it soon.

I love the FOP Pleasant Grove, AL Gun Range - The Club House

Forgive the towel over my head...I wasn't wearing a shirt and I doubt you want to see my hairy nipples.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2009, 02:17 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Towel??? I thought that was a urban guille suit!

Old 07-11-2009, 02:41 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

When do you go active? I thought you did basic awhile ago
Towel on the head covers your nipples

Daa daaa daa Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 07-11-2009 at 02:45 AM.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:09 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Glad you had fun at the range.

You are one weird guy Jiro.

Old 07-11-2009, 04:50 AM   #5

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

good to hear you had a kickinbutt time @ the range...of course i guess anyone would unless you look like this...
rosie.jpg  

Old 07-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #6

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

how does the kel-tec su-16 shoot?i would like to pick one of them up...if i ever get back to work..

Old 07-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

It shoots like a dream for me if I get it just right. I show the iron sights and really I don't like them....the rear sight needs to be a bit smaller....so I'm just going to use the red dot instead. Course that is just mean.

Really it's very comparable to the mini-14. Me and my friend had a battle at the range and the mini-14 won...but this was a modified mini-14 so it wasn't completely fair....since he had a pistol grip accustrut... etc etc....but the Kel-Tec stock shot pretty much the same as the mini-14 or better really.

At 100 yards it'll hit a man and that's all I care about since it's a Truck Gun/Home defense type rifle or just fun plinking rifle.

Very compact and good buy.

*edit

And the Navy is jerking me over....say they are overbooked right now and I've signed my Nuke Contract....but they can't find me a job...so I have to wait til they find me one...so eh...whatever.