Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I knew there was a reason... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-knew-there-reason-70643/)

boatme98 08-18-2012 11:40 PM

I knew there was a reason...

Cantaloupes. I hate them. They're vile,evil, smelly, nasty things. They have no reason to exist. And I have been proven right! They are now killing people, again! Illinois to Tennessee to North Carolina, they are sickening and killing people. Where is the outrage. The outrage, I say. Take these melons from us.
We must do away with them.
I suggest buying as many as possible or taking the evil ones from your grocers who can no longer sell them, and have a fine time injecting them with copper, lead, and steel.
A fitting end to such a disgusting piece of "fruit".

Vincine 08-18-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatme98 (Post 908505)
Cantaloupes. . . . . . . . .A fitting end to such a disgusting piece of "fruit".

Cantaloupes don't kill people. Grocers kill people.

tacticalfun 08-18-2012 11:49 PM

I love em. My dad hates them

tri70 08-19-2012 12:10 AM

I like eat cantaloupe, it's really healthy, high fiber. I like blast left over pumpkins from Halloween!

boatme98 08-19-2012 12:26 AM

I've never met a melon that I liked, but cantalopes are the absolute worst!
I can't stand the smell of them. It will make me ill. Anything they touch is infused with that horrible taste.
I won't eat a plate of food if it's served with cantalope on the plate. I'll send it back and order something different.
I'm pretty broad minded when it comes to food and I'll try anything, but 'lopes just disgust me.

JonM 08-19-2012 12:35 AM

the reason they are making people ill is because people cut them without first washing the melon. this transmits any bacteria that is on the rind into the innards. this is true of any food stuff whether its a pineapple or cantelope or watermelon or whatever.

wash your food before cutting. running a rind vegetable/fruit where the rind is discarded under hot soapy water will not hurt the fruit underneath.

USEBOTHHANDS 08-19-2012 01:58 AM

ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS was stuff that wasn't grown in your own garden, folks.................and even wash what was grown there too, bird s!-!it tends to carry parasites...;)

boatme98 08-19-2012 02:30 AM

Sorry, you can wash a cantalope until doomsday, it's still a cantalope.
I think I need to come up with anti 'lope avatar.....

JonM 08-19-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boatme98 (Post 908726)
Sorry, you can wash a cantalope until doomsday, it's still a cantalope.
I think I need to come up with anti 'lope avatar.....

eating a cantalope shouldnt actually kill you. just wish you were dead till you get the taste out of your mouth. thats why lions lick their butts, to get the taste of politicians out of their mouths...

vincent 08-19-2012 04:18 AM

Agreed on all counts Boatme...vile...VILE weed!!!

They shouldn't even feed that stuff to prisoners!!!