Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I knew there must have been a "condition" (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-knew-there-must-have-been-condition-33507/)

nwrednk 10-25-2010 10:57 AM

I knew there must have been a "condition"

Or 2 for an overnight stay at walmart in an r/v! As I learned from "Motorweek"
on pbs you have to stay in "bug-out-mode" & ready to roll! No generator noise
& no deployment of "tip-outs"! Thankfully the only time I have driven my rv
there near my home is when I need to prepare it for a trip!:)

Highpower 10-25-2010 03:08 PM

LOL!

I won't go to my neighborhood Walmart in the middle of the day unless I'm carrying -- much less want to spend the night on the parking lot!!!

Sorry..... but just the thought of it made me bust out laughing. :o

Glasshartt 10-25-2010 03:28 PM

On one of our trips we stayed at a Walmart parking lot in Mississippi. We didn't have any problems.

Highpower 10-25-2010 04:11 PM

Of that I have no doubt Glass. I was simply commenting about the one location in my area that happens to be a hang-out for a lot of "undesirables" that are imported from outlying communities.

The Walmart was a badly needed tax revenue for it's location which proved to be a very good thing after it was constructed. It was a welcome addition. Unfortunately though, after an expansion of our light rail transit system, a nearby station has proven to be a nightmare for that location. Local LEO's and medical crews go buy my house now in what seems to be a steady stream in route to that store's location 24/7/365. :(

I didn't intend it to be taken as criticism against Walmart's program itself.
All the more reason I shouldn't be posting I suppose. It never seems to come out right.

notdku 10-25-2010 04:59 PM

So then Walmart encourages camping out in the lots?

Glasshartt 10-25-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highpower (Post 374138)
I didn't intend it to be taken as criticism against Walmart's program itself.
All the more reason I shouldn't be posting I suppose. It never seems to come out right.

No problem with your post. I have seen some Wal-marts and Sam's Club locations that I would not want to spend the night in their parking lot either. I understand why they encourage it though. While Scubie was showering and getting dressed, I went in and did a little shopping. Came back with fresh pastries for breakfast and a few other things. We didn't have a slide out on that one, and it was early October and didn't need to run the generator over night, but cranked it up as soon as we got up. There was only 1 other RV in the parking lot when we went to sleep, but there were about 6 others when we got up.

nwrednk 10-26-2010 09:29 AM

What "motorweek" must have...

Failed to mention, is that a city or county law was the actual culprit! My
friends/ neighbours that cover more ground following the air races than I do
enlightened me to this fact! They enjoy a 1993 Airstream motorhome that is
36 feet long & travel with 3 weiner dawgs! (They used to dawg-sit for me)
when Goober was alive, but now Jethro has proved to be a better hunting
companion than Goober...but ol' Goobs was a better guard dog & would
"sound-off" like an air-raid siren if a stranger entered my property!:D