You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I just hate computers! Dell's Suck****

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1613 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 741

Default I just hate computers! Dell's Suck****

Well about 6 months ago I bought a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and thought life was grand. Boy,was I wrong.Then a couple months ago the hard drive fried.
I bought it on Ebay from a dealer in AZ.,for a great price but didn't know that Dell registers their computers to the dealer,and then you have to get it changed into your name. It would be a simple process if I knew the persons name but I had no clue who this person was-I Bought It On Ebay,from a person 1000 miles from where I live so Dell wouldn't register it in my name without me knowing who this person was.
Well after a few days cussing everyone at Dell that I could on the phone they finally registered it in my name, but I would have to wait 5 business days before they would send my New hard drive. When I received it,it wasn't new but a refurbished one,and this morning when I tried to use my computer it fried too. Being the mild tempered person that I am,all 6'3"-250lbs of me. I tried to see just how far my fist would go into this stupid piece of ^*@#. And it went pretty far,completely destroying the keyboard and mouse area of it. Now I have a nice new Toshiba and will be sending the Dell back. LOL,that was so much fun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-15-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 91 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Your MISTAKE was "EBAY"... don't blame Dell.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
Your MISTAKE was "EBAY"... don't blame Dell.
Now Mark F, How do you think I should blame EBAY? I happen to like EBAY,with exception to their firearms rules and PayPal. But I don't understand why Dell would register their products to the dealers name to begin with. I have never heard of any consumer goods being handled in that manner. It isn't Ebay,or the Dealers fault that Dell makes a crappy product.
I take it you know A.B. in Bedford,I've known him for years,when he had his shop in Grapevine.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3502 Times on 1614 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Tx - While I share your distaste, and Rage-O-Meter reaction, when things I have purchased don't work accordingly - I think you might need a hug.

I hope the new computer is treating you MUCH better and has learned it's lesson from the old one....

JD

Old 11-15-2008, 10:53 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 91 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Now Mark F, How do you think I should blame EBAY? I happen to like EBAY,with exception to their firearms rules and PayPal. But I don't understand why Dell would register their products to the dealers name to begin with. I have never heard of any consumer goods being handled in that manner. It isn't Ebay,or the Dealers fault that Dell makes a crappy product.
I take it you know A.B. in Bedford,I've known him for years,when he had his shop in Grapevine.
Yes sir, I know A.B. quite well. I bought 7 handguns from him this year, and tons of ammo. I go to his shop at least twice a week...

With EBAY stuff you can't put your hands on it before you buy...

Old 11-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 6451 Times on 3373 Posts
Likes Given: 29394

PC's suck,all of them just suck !

Old 11-16-2008, 01:07 AM   #7

Dango,I couldn't agree more. But I really like my new Toshiba! Man this thing is fast.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Tx - While I share your distaste, and Rage-O-Meter reaction, when things I have purchased don't work accordingly - I think you might need a hug.

I hope the new computer is treating you MUCH better and has learned it's lesson from the old one....

JD
Thanks JD,Usually my Rage-O-Meter stays in the green,but with my new job I work all night and needed to use my Laptop to pay some bills when I got home and when it didn't work,I had to release some stress. IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY,and cheaper than a shrink. PS, Thanks for caring with the hug mention! THB

Old 11-16-2008, 01:18 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 6451 Times on 3373 Posts
Likes Given: 29394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Dango,I couldn't agree more. But I really like my new Toshiba! Man this thing is fast.
But I also love my new Mac. ,It ain't no Pppppppp !! Ccccccccc !!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #10

Liked 44 Times on 37 Posts

Mac the best windows machine you will ever own.