Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I have orders! To somewhere! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-have-orders-somewhere-93221/)

JW357 07-02-2013 03:06 AM

Some of you may remember I'm an active duty Marine, stationed in Kalifornia. Well, as many of you have already guessed, i hate it here.

Put in my "dream sheet" last week to request my new duty station, after my current schooling is finished. Didn't expect it to take any quicker than a couple weeks to get new orders.

Well...

So I have new orders pending. I can't access them until tomorrow so I don't know yet to where I'm headed. My first choice was Georgia and second was North Carolina. I left the third spot blank because my only other option is... Kalifornia. I was told I had to have something filled in there, so the boss man penciled in Kalifornia.

I'm beside myself waiting right now. For those of you who haven't experienced it, when you don't enjoy where you are and you know you have orders, waiting is one of the worst things in the world.

I know you're all dying to know where I'm going, so I suppose I'll oblige you when I find out. Stay tuned....

towboater 07-02-2013 03:10 AM

Was your dream sheet all state side.

JW357 07-02-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater
Was your dream sheet all state side.

Yes. My current MOS (with my current speciality) only allows for three duty stations, and they're all stateside.

I spent two years in Okinawa and have no desire to go back. It would be ok now that I have a family, but as a single, junior Marine, no thanks.

towboater 07-02-2013 03:14 AM

Where are the 3 stations?

pfev1980 07-02-2013 03:18 AM

What is your MOS that those are your three choices?...lol. Gotta be either tanker or 2600.

JW357 07-02-2013 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towboater
Where are the 3 stations?

Camp LeJeune, NC; Camp Pendleton, KA; and one other undisclosed location. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfev1980
What is your MOS that those are your three choices?...lol. Gotta be either tanker or 2600.

Smart man.

danf_fl 07-02-2013 09:13 AM

Way back when...
When my uniform fit this body (uniforms lose shape after a few years), I learned a good lesson:

There are only two "Great" places to be stationed. The one you are going to, and the you left.

A phrase that will be used more than once starts with "At my last base......."

MisterMcCool 07-02-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWSchramm

Camp LeJeune, NC; Camp Pendleton, KA; and one other undisclosed location. :)

I am going to go out on a limb here and guess Georgia. :)

WebleyFosbery38 07-02-2013 10:53 AM

Good luck JW, I hope you get your #1 pick! Thank you for your service to our Nation!

JW357 07-02-2013 04:44 PM

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately my orders are to San Diego. My very last choice. Well, the needs of the Marine Corps, I suppose.

I'll make the most of it. Just not looking forward to another three years in Kalifornia.