I have to get this off my chest! - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I have to get this off my chest!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHelzberg View Post
We would love the opportunity to address the experience with you. Would you please reach out to our Customer Care Team at 1-800-435-9237 or email me personally at rlwindholz@helzberg.com I would be more than happy to help. ~Rashelle
If this is for real, that is one heck of a customer service internet search spider, kudos!
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #12

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
If this is for real, that is one heck of a customer service internet search spider, kudos!
I have serious doubts that it is real...but if it is real, then their search spider is a hell of a lot more efficient than than any other company Ive ever encountered!

But at this point it is of no matter. After speaking with 5 different people on 5 different levels of "authority" from the store level all the way up to corporate - Helzberg Diamonds has finally agreed that this was their store managers fault, it never should have happened, and the ring repair will be covered under the protection plan.

It only took several phone calls and hours of time...probably sprouted a few extra gray hairs. But hey, $300.00 goes a long way these days, especially when you're ___this close___ to getting ripped off by a billion dollar corporation.

Kudos to "Paul" - the head guy of the customer service department - he was finally able to seal the deal.

It only took 1 hour, 11 minutes, and 32 seconds of what seems like the millionth phone call
victory.jpg  
orangello Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
...apparently he screwed up and wrote the protection plan as covering the band only...basically the way he set things up made it look like I purchased the setting/diamond from another store, then brought it to Helzberg to have it all put together.

I said "But I didn't, you can see it in your system, I have the receipt, I have all the information to prove that this isn't the case"

Her response is "Yes, I can see that, and I can understand why you're yelling, but I can't do anything, its company policy"
And thus one of the biggest issues in customer service these days. Common sense goes right out the window. Great customer service would have been, "I understand the confusion and issue in this particular case. I can't do anything due to company policy, but let me escalate this for you and see if there's anything we can do."

But most companies don't want to do that - it costs them money in the short run. You as the customer need to ask for it to be escalated, then they may do something. In my book, a customer service agent that takes a pro-active approach to solving my problem, rather than following a computer script, regurgitating company policy, or makes my jump through unwritten hoops, is a company I'm going to do business with and recommend. That's money in their pocket in the long run.

The follow up question now is, how the heck did they find your complaint on a firearms forum? Good luck! Hope she takes care of the issue for you.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #14

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJG67 View Post
The follow up question now is, how the heck did they find your complaint on a firearms forum? Good luck! Hope she takes care of the issue for you.
Luckily the issue was rectified before I even read this post. I called them first thing this morning and, after spending 1 hour, 11 minutes, and 32 seconds on the phone - they finally admitted their screw up and agreed to fix it.
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #15

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

let me tell my basic experience with protection plans.

generally speaking: every time I BUY a protection plan, i never need to use it. every time i DON"T buy a protection plan, something breaks or screws up.

protection plans are a terrorist invention (along with weed eaters) meant to shorten middle class american's life spans...

wait...is this the conspiracy section?
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3463 Times on 1786 Posts
Likes Given: 375

Now that is amazing. Helzberg trolling OUR forum? It seems someone at corporate actually gives a damn about customer service.

Kudos Helzberg.

Now please video the spanking of the manager and post it here
People Like This 
Old 07-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #17
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post

Her response is "Yes, I can see that, and I can understand why you're yelling, but I can't do anything, its company policy"
"Let me explain MY policy. My policy is to never do business with a company that doesn't honor the contracts that their representatives sell to their customers. My policy is to expose these companies for the dishonest ripoff policies that they have and the fact that their useless, so-called "customer service" representatives such as yourself will not rectify the mistakes of their very own representatives. My policy is to spread this information as far and as wide as I possibly can through whatever means necessary, and by God I am good at enforcing my policy!

"Now, are we clear on our policies and would you like to make any comments?"

Moving right along, I wonder if you brought the rings to another one-shop jeweler who does their own work in-house if that jeweler would agree that the ring really needed any repair? Sounds to me like Helzberg is just ripping people off with substandard contracts and then trying to rip you off again by trying to sell you a fix that is not needed.

My wife and I bought our rings from a jeweler who works out of his house, custom made to our specific designs. They are spectacular and absolutely unique. Several years ago I was stung by a bee on my ring finger and before I thought to slip my ring off, the finger swelled up and the ring would have caused me to lose the finger, so I cut the ring off with some side cutters. My wife saw the jeweler a few months later and mentioned what had happened. He repaired it free of charge and even re-engraved it on the inside. I am willing to bet that Helzberg would not cover that under their "lifetime protection plan" no matter how loudly you yelled at them!
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 07-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #18

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy

protection plans are a terrorist invention (along with weed eaters) meant to shorten middle class american's life spans...
glad to hear I'm not the only one with terrible weed eater luck. They never freakin work!

Anyway, this sounds like a bum deal. Like everyone else is saying, don't back down. Businesses need to realize they need us to keep them running and should therefore treat us well. I can say in my personal experience that basic courtesy and customer service go a long way. The lack of this has kept me from ever returning to guitar center ever again in my life. And I spent a lot of money there before our relationship went tits up.

Good luck and I hope they make it right.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Hello there!

I assure you my message was and is real. . I am happy to hear that Paul D. was able to assist you in getting this matter resolved. Agaian I am very sorry that this has been your experience. Helzberg Diamonds has been serving our valued customers since 1915 and we truly understand the sentimental value of the jewelry we sell and service. Our customer’s satisfaction is our highest priority, and we strive to make every effort to exceed all of our valued customers’ expectations. We are truly sorry that this was not the case in your recent experience. We appreciate your input, as customer feedback is one of our greatest means of identifying our opportunities. We certainly take your comments and experiences to heart, as they help us better serve you.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address this experience with you. We hope that you will allow us to continue to rebuild our relationship with you as our customer. We hope to serve you and your family again in the future.

If you ever need assistance again in the furture, Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Thanks You,
Rashelle Windholz
Senior Customer Care Associate
People Like This 
Old 07-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCHelzberg View Post
Hello there!

I assure you my message was and is real. . I am happy to hear that Paul D. was able to assist you in getting this matter resolved. Agaian I am very sorry that this has been your experience. Helzberg Diamonds has been serving our valued customers since 1915 and we truly understand the sentimental value of the jewelry we sell and service. Our customerís satisfaction is our highest priority, and we strive to make every effort to exceed all of our valued customersí expectations. We are truly sorry that this was not the case in your recent experience. We appreciate your input, as customer feedback is one of our greatest means of identifying our opportunities. We certainly take your comments and experiences to heart, as they help us better serve you.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address this experience with you. We hope that you will allow us to continue to rebuild our relationship with you as our customer. We hope to serve you and your family again in the future.

If you ever need assistance again in the furture, Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Thanks You,
Rashelle Windholz
Senior Customer Care Associate
I appreciate your interest in firearms.
People Like This