I have a dilemma ...
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I have a dilemma ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default I have a dilemma ...

About January a younger couple, mid 20'sh or something, moved in across the drive. I haven't met them formally but from what I gather the male doesn't have much in the way of a career or serious steady work. The female, I don't know what she does as she is in and out and around all day. I don't think they have any kids. I'm not even sure if either of them owns a vehicle legally. They seem to tinker with oddball stuff around the front yard, kind of like junk sellers or what not.

But none of that is my concern, none at all. My concern is for the new puppy they got about a month ago. It's an adorable little pit bull, brown with some white accents. A few weeks ago the puppy began to get it's legs and bark (puppy bark) and that's about when the problems began. These 2 dirtbags drag the puppy out at 7am and stick him in a pen, all the while yelling at him to "shut up", "calm down", "sit down", "be quite" and on and on and on, all accompanied by physical abuse. There they leave the puppy, unattended and practically ignored until evening time when they drag him back inside. Anytime they are in the yard and the puppy makes a sound or horseplays the verbal and physical abuse continues. Anytime I come out they immediately stop the abuse. The behavior is the same from both of them.

Last week while upstairs I heard the puppy trying to get his bark on in the morning. Out the window pops the males head and he screams "shut the **** up! shut the **** up or I will kill you!". So at that moment I donned some clothes, put on my shoes, and went outside with a cup of water, walked over to the pen and placed it inside for the puppy. The whole time the puppy just wags his tale and looks at me while the male is gawking from the upstairs window. I left without saying a word an heard nothing more the rest of the day.

Today while sitting at my desk I hear more trash, but this time it's from the female. The puppy was squealing and carousing, obviously looking or affection. This female starts in with her "shut up", "sit down", "be quite" and on and on. When the puppy doesn't comply after about 10 commands she throws out a "shut the **** up, or I will drown you!". It was at that moment I called 911 and reported and emergency.

I explained the story to the operator and she put me in touch with the desk at the Bennignton PD. I related the story again to the officer on the phone, only this time in more detail going back to about when this problem began. I made it clear to the officer that I felt that this was a serious problem, that it was highly unlikely I would be able to sit idly by and allow a puppy to be tortured and abused in front of me.

So aside from alerting the Police, does anyone have any other suggestions of recourse I might take. And make no mistake, I have no reservations of crossing the drive and stopping any abuse that may be done onto this puppy. I'm just wondering if there is something that can be done to prevent such a travesty.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2011, 02:08 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

I have a few suggestions...but since I don't advocate violence against animals, I would ask them if they are having difficulties with the puppy would they like for you to take it off their hands.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:09 AM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You should have a county animal control division or a humane society, notify them and file a complaint. Also if you can, get some video showing the abuse. There may be more abuse to the dog when it's inside the house and you can't see or hear anything.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:14 AM   #4

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Charge up the batteries for the camcorder!

Until it's on tape, its your word against theirs.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 06-17-2011, 02:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
I have a few suggestions...but since I don't advocate violence against animals, I would ask them if they are having difficulties with the puppy would they like for you to take it off their hands.
I don't really care for pit bulls myself but would consider it to save a puppy. Unfortunately the girlfriend is allergic to dogs so I cannot take one in. About 10 seconds in the same room with a dog and she is near in need of an ambulance ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
You should have a county animal control division or a humane society, notify them and file a complaint. Also if you can, get some video showing the abuse. There may be more abuse to the dog when it's inside the house and you can't see or hear anything.
Bennington PD handles animal control so I think that is covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Charge up the batteries for the camcorder!

Until it's on tape, its your word against theirs.
and hot damn to Car and Cane, a great friggin idea. No need for batteries, I can set up my webcam in my upstair window and record every single movement and action in their front yard.

Thanks again guys, prioroty number 1 for me tomorrow morning! I owe you fellas a round of beers

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 06-17-2011, 02:49 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Step One - Have/rent/borrow a video camera? Tape/record described activities and proceed to Step 2

Step 2 - Add colorful commentary, as you have described here about their "care" and "love" for the animal. Include the part about the local PD.

Step 3 - Play for the Humane Society, the local paper's expose' reporter who is looking for an angle, Girl Scouts, local cheerleader's carwash, or anybody else that will listen.

If that doesn't work I have a ton of other suggestions about "cruel pranks for dear friends" I would be happy to share with you in the Bunker.

Old 06-17-2011, 02:56 AM   #7

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

They sound like some real winners...Makes you wounder what they do to the poop little guy after they take him inside.....

Old 06-17-2011, 03:08 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 723 Times on 448 Posts
Likes Given: 1704

I honestly don't know why someone wants a dog (or a cat) if that's the way they treat them.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:14 AM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I honestly don't know why someone wants a dog (or a cat) if that's the way they treat them.
Some people shouldn't be parents. To animals or children.

There is a small part of me, given the recent issues with good, responsible forum members and their loved ones lately...... well...... nevermind.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Some people shouldn't be parents. To animals or children.
Some people shouldn't be allowed to breath

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas