Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I hate TAX Season

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #21
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5881 Times on 2909 Posts
Likes Given: 6245

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I pray I get money back this year. My son is getting married in Jamaica on May 29th. It's a long swim if I can't afford airfare.
My Daughter did that 2 years ago, not the smartest thing she ever did, nobody went but the couple and My Granddaughter. Wish they had just saved that for the Honeymoon so we could have all seen it, were not rich...

I hate tax season and I wont even do my taxes till a few days before tax day. I will owe as usual even though I pay Max plus! @#!$!^W@(...

Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #22
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6957 Times on 4186 Posts
Likes Given: 8365

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
My Daughter did that 2 years ago, not the smartest thing she ever did, nobody went but the couple and My Granddaughter. Wish they had just saved that for the Honeymoon so we could have all seen it, were not rich...
Actually, this was a better option for my son and future DIL. My ex has a HUGE family. The ex has 10 brothers and sisters and those have many, many children. It was becoming a nightmare to plan a wedding. Way too many to invite and to avoid bad feelings of NOT inviting some, they opted for this. They could not afford the wedding it was turning out to be. My son and future DIL have a home together and want no gifts. The gift is going to the wedding. Those that really want to go will go. I'm going, my two other children, my ex, a couple of my nieces, etc. They had originally began planning the wedding locally. They rented a hall with no return on the down payment. They are going to use that hall for a reception here at 'home' for those that could not attend the wedding in Jamaica. Believe me, it was a good choice the young couple made.

Now..........my fear is due to my work and financial situation, I am not sure I will be getting a return this year. I have all I need to file. I'm taking a deep breath and will file in a day or so. I use H&R Block on line.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #23

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Just do what i do, Dont file.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
Just do what i do, Dont file.
Seriously?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #25
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5881 Times on 2909 Posts
Likes Given: 6245

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Actually, this was a better option for my son and future DIL. My ex has a HUGE family. The ex has 10 brothers and sisters and those have many, many children. It was becoming a nightmare to plan a wedding. Way too many to invite and to avoid bad feelings of NOT inviting some, they opted for this. They could not afford the wedding it was turning out to be. My son and future DIL have a home together and want no gifts. The gift is going to the wedding. Those that really want to go will go. I'm going, my two other children, my ex, a couple of my nieces, etc. They had originally began planning the wedding locally. They rented a hall with no return on the down payment. They are going to use that hall for a reception here at 'home' for those that could not attend the wedding in Jamaica. Believe me, it was a good choice the young couple made.

Now..........my fear is due to my work and financial situation, I am not sure I will be getting a return this year. I have all I need to file. I'm taking a deep breath and will file in a day or so. I use H&R Block on line.
Makes sense, My Mom told us kids to elope and save the money! Smart old Kraut! We still spent 4K on ours 20 years ago, elope is cheaper!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #26

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

What pisses me off more than anything is the people that dont work ,have 4 or 5 kids and get back $5000-$6000 how the hell does that work ? Especially when they are already milking off the system that the rest of us honest working tax payers are already paying for

Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #27
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Makes sense, My Mom told us kids to elope and save the money! Smart old Kraut! We still spent 4K on ours 20 years ago, elope is cheaper!
I teasingly tell them to elope. They lovely DIL wants a wedding. I would not deny her that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
What pisses me off more than anything is the people that dont work ,have 4 or 5 kids and get back $5000-$6000 how the hell does that work ? Especially when they are already milking off the system that the rest of us honest working tax payers are already paying for
I know some on welfare who get back more than they might have paid in. I don't get it, either.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8622 Times on 3735 Posts
Likes Given: 1324

To all of my brothers and sisters that will owe money to the gubbmint this year- CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are doing it RIGHT!

To any and all that think they can put one over on the tax man- It was not the ATF nor the FBI that got Al Capone- it was the tax man.

To those that wonder HOW you can get back more than you PAID- it is "called" the Earned Income Credit. The mere fact that you are actually working and have a dependent means that the gubbmint gives you a tax CREDIT. Not a deduction, but a CREDIT- just as if you had paid cash money.

Myself- I am looking at establishing a church. The Tabernacle of the Fiery Minute of Angle.

We will minster to those that seek to reach spiritual purity as evidenced by the ability to keep all rounds within a sub MOA group (known as the Fellowship of the MOA) We will provide counseling, guidance, and barrel bedding lessons on Wednesday evening, the Outreach Society will conduct a pot-luck reloading dinner on Saturday evenings.

Worship services will meet on the 500 yard line on Sunday afternoons, followed by communion at Clancy's Bar & Grill for those that backslid, and seek to blame their impuirities on cold barrels, wind or the sun being in their eyes.

Don't forget our Teen meetings on Saturday morning at the .22 range.

Franchises- sorry, I mean association of sister branches will be available- AND IT IS ALL TAX EXEMPT.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 01-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Move to texas!!! No state income tax. You know you want to, we have cookies

Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #30

Liked 707 Times on 455 Posts
Likes Given: 227

I used to use H&R Block. I thought it was the same company that made all those cheap revolvers.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.