I Hate Guns!!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I Hate Guns!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Default I Hate Guns!!!

Going on a walkabout.

The wife's cousin, his name is Rodney, but he prefers to be called Moonbeam, will be house sitting.

Here's the deal.

Rod..errr..Moonbeam, has access to my account here. He is a 40 something rabidly liberal anti gun guy.

This is what I need from you guys.

I want to take him to the shop upon my return, and I want him to gladly purchase a gun.

He's going to argue with you. He may seem repugnant to you. I DO NOT want him flamed, I want him exposed to logic and treated with respect.

Let's see how you guys do, and thanks ahead of time.

BB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-07-2011, 05:49 PM   #2

Heyyy, man. Moonbeam here.

First, let me do something with the picture thingy in the corner....

Old 03-07-2011, 05:51 PM   #3

Coooll...

Now. Like, why do you guys need those clips that hold like, a bizillion rounds?

Old 03-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Welcome Moonbeam.

Can I safely assume that being as you have taken a bit of a naturalistic path through life that you probably have not spent any time in the military and that you probably did not receive any firearms or archery training at summer camp. Anything like that in your past?

Old 03-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #5

And, like, that 2A thing, that's like for the National Guard, right?

Old 03-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Welcome Moonbeam.

Can I safely assume that being as you have taken a bit of a naturalistic path through life that you probably have not spent any time in the military and that you probably did not receive any firearms or archery training at summer camp. Anything like that in your past?
Like, nah, man. I burnt my draft card, war isn't the answer, man.

Cousin Benny is worried that someone is gonna open a meth lab on my patchouli farm, and wants me to have protection. But I figure I can always, like, just call the fuzz, right?

Old 03-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #7

Well you can certainly call the police in the event that something like that happens. Depending on how far out you are, it could take some time for First Responders to make it to your location.

Is your access road clearly labeled and identified from the street? Do you have reflective signs with your address and other identifying markers to make it easy for them to find you? Have they been to your place before and know you by voice/name?

As for the Second Amendment, it was instilled by the Founding Fathers to insure that our government never gets so powerful that they can invoke a Law of the Land like is done in other countries around the globe. Take China's little visit to Tibet for example.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Well you can certainly call the police in the event that something like that happens. Depending on how far out you are, it could take some time for First Responders to make it to your location.

Is your access road clearly labeled and identified from the street? Do you have reflective signs with your address and other identifying markers to make it easy for them to find you? Have they been to your place before and know you by voice/name?

As for the Second Amendment, it was instilled by the Founding Fathers to insure that our government never gets so powerful that they can invoke a Law of the Land like is done in other countries around the globe. Take China's little visit to Tibet for example.
Like, wow, I didn't think of that. It may take some time for the fuzz to get to me.

Yeah, that China-Tibet thing. Free Tibet! Richard Gere!!

Okay, but like, why do you guys need those hi number clip thingys? Isn't, like, 6 rounds enough? Like, that's what cowboys had...

Old 03-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #9

Well the reason that some folks purchase 'clips' that hold extra ammo is because they can and there is a market for it. 'Clips' is somewhat of a movie/TV term. Those in the know refer to them as magazines. Magazines are used to hold ammunition. Either term will inform most people what you are talking about, but using the term Magazine is more in line with using proper pronunciation and the like.

I would assume that your current mode of transportation is not currently a horse, would that be correct? Well, the cowboys had horses as well, but I am going to assume you don't have one.

The automobile came along, much like some of your friend's tie-dyed Volkswagon microbus, as did the bicycle, the train and public transportation to make life easier and give people options in their travels that did not involve saddling up every morning.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
Heyyy, man. Moonbeam here.

First, let me do something with the picture thingy in the corner....
Jerry Brown? So what's the deal with my taxes going up?

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"