I had to share this (Wal-mart experience) - Page 7
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I had to share this (Wal-mart experience)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Wall Mart stores in Los Angeles do not sell ammo due to the BS city regulations. Any person selling ammo in LA has to have a city permit. Not the store; the person. I went into a sporting goods store where I often buy and the gun department had a closed sign on the counter. The person that had the permit to sell had called in sick and no one else in the store is allowed to touch the guns or ammo. They literally are not allowed to touch it. When I buy ammo the permitted sales person fills out the log book with all my info, including name, address, DOB and thumb print. Then they have to carry the boxes to the counter and hold them for the cashier to scan the code and collect payment. Then the permit holder bags and hands it to me. Then they can go back to the gun department to help the next customer.
That is just rediculous!

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 07-23-2009, 02:48 AM   #62

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
Kayderrosseras is in Ballston Spa if that makes a difference but not if you can shoot in your back yard. When I lived in the boonies I could do that. I miss it. But now I am in the Village of Ballston Spa.

I'll ask the sheriff about the permit thing the next time I am over there.

OC
Well I'm about 40 miles northeast of you - it's quicker for you to go to the range, but if you ever feel like venturing up here let me know - you're welcome to shoot or hunt here anytime!
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #63

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
Well I'm about 40 miles northeast of you - it's quicker for you to go to the range, but if you ever feel like venturing up here let me know - you're welcome to shoot or hunt here anytime!
Ok I will let you know. Thanks.

On the way I will have to stop at Wall Mart for more ammo....haha

Old 07-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #64

Quote:
Ok I will let you know. Thanks.

On the way I will have to stop at Wall Mart for more ammo....haha
Hi. I'm in Wayne Co.

Old 07-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #65

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Last week I went from Memphis to Birmingham to visit my son, daughter-in-law and new granddaughter so I decided to hit all the WallyWorlds I knew of along the route, US 78, to shop for the calibers I shoot. First stop: Olive Branch; CCI MiniMag 40 gr. solid, limited out at 6. Next, Holly Springs: 2 boxes of Rem .223; 2 Winchester white 9mm (115 gr FMJ), 2 CCI MiniMag 36 gr. solid. Then on to New Albany: 1 box of Federal .223, 55 gr. FMJ 100 round value pack. Checked out Scruggs and Dick's Sporting Goods in Tupelo; bought another Fed value pack at Scruggs; Dick's had 5.56 Rem-UMC and Federal 250 round value packs at $119 each but I passed on them. Last stop was Amory where I found another .223 Fed 100 round value pack. One or two of the stops had the occasional .45 box; saw plenty of .44 Mag. Otherwise, pickings were kind of slim.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #66

Quote:
RL...I have bought handgun ammo in the Glens Falls and Saratoga Wall Mart with no drama. In the Saratoga store there is an older guy (60+) and one other younger one that hunt and know what they are selling. As to asking to see your handgun permit, I thought it was the law in NY that you had to have a handgun permit to purchase handgun ammo. And they are supposed to ask to just verify that you have it. They have to verify that they checked it when they ring it up also. Other than that I think the law is you have to be over 18 to buy any ammo in NY.

I see some of you are buying ammo in the same places I do. We need to get together and shoot sometime. I belong to the Kayderrosseros R & Gun Club. I am permitted to bring 2 guest shooters on the range with me.

OC
It was a younger female at the counter in Saratoga and its the younger ones I usually have the problems with,
I believe there is no law against buying hand gun ammo as long as you are 21 or older,18 for long gun ammo.
I know one of the assistant mgrs of the Glenville store but she dosn't cover sporting goods ,and thats the one store I have not had a problem with.
WM has there policies posted for EVERYTHING but HG permits for ammo ,go figure.
I would like to get together and shoot with other members,
I'm a member of Iroquois R&G in Rotterdam and can also bring guests though I also have friends with land where the rules are a little more lax (not saftey)
and we can set up cans and balloons and just have fun.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:58 AM   #67

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingbrickracing View Post
It was a younger female at the counter in Saratoga and its the younger ones I usually have the problems with,
I believe there is no law against buying hand gun ammo as long as you are 21 or older,18 for long gun ammo.
I know one of the assistant mgrs of the Glenville store but she dosn't cover sporting goods ,and thats the one store I have not had a problem with.
WM has there policies posted for EVERYTHING but HG permits for ammo ,go figure.
I would like to get together and shoot with other members,
I'm a member of Iroquois R&G in Rotterdam and can also bring guests though I also have friends with land where the rules are a little more lax (not saftey)
and we can set up cans and balloons and just have fun.

I am game. Maybe sometime in August.

I was at WM and bought more ammo.......with no drama.

OC