I had to share this (Wal-mart experience) - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I had to share this (Wal-mart experience)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2009, 12:08 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I was in Wm the other day and the guy in front of me asks for the last two boxes of 9MM (Blazer Brass) and asks the girl at the counter what Luger means and if it will work in his pistol,"It's semi-automatic" he says.She shrugs her shoulders and looks past him to me with a do-you-know? look.
I was very tempted to say he needed parabellum not luger (I wanted at least 1 of those boxes) but I was nice.He still took both boxes btw.
The last 2 times I was there they had Winchester 555 22lr (new?) CCI several different brands of 50rd boxes,
the most pistol ammo Ive seen in a while,even 9MM shot shell,
and of course I didn't have any extra cash on me.....

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #22

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Got to the range today the guy working the counter asked if I wanted PMC or Wolf, as the Wolf 9mm was $5.00 cheaper per 50. I got 3 boxes of the Wolf and went to make confetti. The stuff ran good, but every time I pulled the trigger, it looked like a tire dump had caught fire in my hands. Dirty, smoky stuff.
There have been reports of a couple of stores actually having handgun ammunition for up to 15 minutes around here, but I've quit driving around looking for it. I guess it's a matter of being at the right place at the right time.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

RL, I could be mistaken about the bulk ammo count.

Does this happen to anyone else? Everytime I go to checkout at wally world the checker asks if it's for a handgun. Now, they are required to see ID for handgun ammo, but they aren't required to know what handgun ammo is or could be? That's pretty stupid.

Old 07-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #24

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Does this happen to anyone else? Everytime I go to checkout at wally world the checker asks if it's for a handgun. Now, they are required to see ID for handgun ammo, but they aren't required to know what handgun ammo is or could be? That's pretty stupid.
What?? That right there is BS and sure ain't happening around here, yet! You are in Arkansas, it will surely be a matter of time before it creeps over here to Oklahoma. Dammit!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 07-19-2009, 04:02 PM   #25

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Yes, in NY you need to show your handgun permit for the handgun calibers. They are also supposed to ask to see your handgun permit if you say it is for a handgun......like if you are asking for .22lr or something that can be used in either a handgun or rifle. I usually just say it is a rifle if I don't feel like hauling out my pistol permit....

Several of the guys that work there hunt and know me so don't ask any more.

OC

"magbum"

Old 07-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was out of town the other day, doing a remodel on a Chili's, and had forgotten to pack my cell phone charger. I went to the local Wallyworld only to discover that they were out of "cheap" chargers for my phone. On the way out I stopped by the sporting goods and discovered that they had 50 boxes of Magtech 40s&w for $8.99 a box. Holy st!t, I can't find any in Albuquerque. I got in my truck, ran down the road to Target, bought a charger and called the wife to find out how much "MAD MONEY" I had in my account. She said buy them all. Ran back to Wallyworld and in the course of 45 minutes they had sold out. I was pissed but not as much as my wife. I now have instructions to buy whatever ammo I find, and we will worry about transferring funds if needed. Still can't take my PT 24/7 to the range. I am down to less than 100 rounds of 40s&w.

Article II: A Well Regulated Militia, Being Necessary To The Security Of A Free State, The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms, Shall Not Be Infringed.

Article IV: The Right Of The People To Be Secure In There Persons, Houses, Papers, And Effects, Against Unreasonable Search And Seizures, Shall Not Be Violated, And No Warants Shall Issue, But Upon Probable Cause, Supported By Oath Or Affirmation, And Particulary Describing The Place To Be Searched, And The Persons Or Things To Be Seized.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:20 PM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
What?? That right there is BS and sure ain't happening around here, yet! You are in Arkansas, it will surely be a matter of time before it creeps over here to Oklahoma. Dammit!!
What's BS is that they are so ignorant you could tell them it's for a slingshot and they just say, "ok." Sheesh....A checker asked if my .22lr ammo was for a handgun, I said could go in either. He just looked at me,"Well I don't know about that stuff." lol Where do these people hide...in Arkansas even!!

Old 07-20-2009, 01:17 AM   #28

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC357 View Post
Yes, in NY you need to show your handgun permit for the handgun calibers.
OC
No need to show or have a handgun permit to buy any ammo in Ohio. Heck, no need for a handgun permit unless you are CCW. Just plain stupid in my mind to have a permit to buy ammo.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 AM   #29

Liked 1123 Times on 665 Posts
Likes Given: 349

Quote:
Here's the best. When I bought .22 ammo from Wally world she asked if it was for a pistol or rifle. I said Rifle and asked, what if I said pistol, she said then she would have to card me.

They should just change all gun laws to be like that. When you purchase a gun they should just ask one question. Do you intend to use this gun to commit a crime? If you answer no, they should just sell you the gun, if you answer yes, then clearly you are too stupid to own a gun in the first place.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-20-2009, 02:28 AM   #30

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I was in a gun shop a couple months ago at the pistol counter and a guy beside me was looking at a pistol in .45ACP. He asked the clerk what the ACP meant. Not only did the clerk not know, the other shop help didn't know. The guy asking the question finally looked at me and asked. I told him and clerk without trying to sound like an ass.

But we really should be putting people who work at these chain stores for not knowing, when something as simple as this happened at a gun store where there are supposed to be more knowledge able.