Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I had to share this (Wal-mart experience)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2009, 02:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default I had to share this (Wal-mart experience)

I just returned from Wally world. Ofcourse, my first stop was by sporting goods to see if they had any ammo in. They were full of .40, 9mm,.45,etc...

A guy standing there asks to buy some cci-mini mags(they were out). He asked the clerk why they are out. The clerk tells him they sell them as fast as they get them.

He asks the clerk for some .45 Sig ammo........ The clerk looks at him blankly. He says, "you do know what .45sig ammo is don't you?" Clerk, "I don't think we have that sir." I'm standing there and the guy turns to me. "Do you know anything about guns?" I say, "A little I suppose." He says," What can I shoot in my 45 sig I just got?" Me, "Those .45auto's WWB's right there." him, "Are you sure those will work in it?" Me, "absolutely." him, "Well, what other kinds of .45 ammo are there?" Me, "45lc's , JHP's, Gold dots, Hydrashocks,etc........." Him," and these will work? You're sure?" Me,"Blank stare...." I got some .45 ammo and walked off as he was continuing to question the clerk....lol.

This guy was well dressed in his 50's. I don't think he's ever owned a gun. I would have stayed and tried to talk sense, but the way he was treating the clerk and being a jerk to me I couldn't take it. His tone and demeanor were 'offputting' to say the least.

Good for a giggle though.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2009, 02:15 AM   #2

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

There really are people who do not know, but they don't got to be a dick about it.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:17 AM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Lol

.45 SIG???
Maybe he need some training before anything...
That's fine to me, if someone just don't know something and I can help, I do, but as you said... some people just don't want to recieve help, usually those people are called @SSHOLES

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Old 07-18-2009, 02:23 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

CCI .22 ammo is plentiful in my WalMArt. It's over $6 / 100.They don't have any other brand. My guns don't like CCI, they like Federal 550 ValuePaks, which I haven't seen for more than 3 months...

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 07-18-2009, 02:25 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

He really was quite the butt. I have to admit, I did look at his neck for some good targets for a moment. i was also tempted to tell him that they didn't have any .45 sig here, but he needed to go to store "X" first thing in the morning.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:27 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL357Mag View Post
CCI .22 ammo is plentiful in my WalMArt. It's over $6 / 100.They don't have any other brand. My guns don't like CCI, they like Federal 550 ValuePaks, which I haven't seen for more than 3 months...
They had a few winchester value packs, but the price has gone up. $14.47 for 500rds. I bought some Federal 'match' bulk ammo last week. $14.47 for 325rds.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:38 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Thanks for the smile,
These are the people buying ammo they won't use and that we all want They are also the people that shouldn't own a firearm as it was clear he has no concept of the pistol he owns. I've seen the same type of person at the range walk up to the counter and ask for "bullets that fits this gun" then show the person working the counter the pistol they have. Most of the counter people will sell them the ammo for the pistol and suggest they take a course with an instructor, nine times out of ten they decline on the training and hit the bay open to non members. I NEVER shoot in that bay, while there hasn't been a major issue at some point there will be and I will not be in the next lane over.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:49 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Bye the way
I am having trouble finding 22 mag rounds for my AMT AutoMag long slide. Walmart seems to have almost everything but this round, local gun shops get them in and sell out fast. Who is shooting 22 mag that much?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:07 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 887 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

.22 mag and .22 short are all I can find in my Wal-mart. .22LR is the hard to find caliber.

Wal-mart sells cheap but as this story shows, their clerks don't know anything about ammo. If you don't know exactly what your looking for go to a real gun store.

Well played Gojubrian. I think I would have been more of a smart ass to the guy.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 07-18-2009, 04:33 AM   #10

Liked 3 Times on 1 Posts

Off Topic, but...

My little town has a rip-off gun shop, Wal-Mart, and an Ace Hardware.

The gun shop use to have .22LR CCI Mini-Mags 100 packs for $7.99, Wal-Mart had them for $6.99 and Ace Hardware (who does have a relatively knowledgeable "gun guy") had them for $4.99.

Two trips ago to ACE they only had 50rd. boxes and they were $4.99. The last time I was there (2-3 weeks ago) they had the 100 rd. boxes but they were up to $6.99 I don't know what Wal-Mart and the Gun shop are up to now.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000