Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I had to share this (Wal-mart experience) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-had-share-wal-mart-experience-15858/)

Gojubrian 07-18-2009 03:10 AM

I had to share this (Wal-mart experience)

I just returned from Wally world. Ofcourse, my first stop was by sporting goods to see if they had any ammo in. They were full of .40, 9mm,.45,etc...

A guy standing there asks to buy some cci-mini mags(they were out). He asked the clerk why they are out. The clerk tells him they sell them as fast as they get them.

He asks the clerk for some .45 Sig ammo........ The clerk looks at him blankly. He says, "you do know what .45sig ammo is don't you?" Clerk, "I don't think we have that sir." I'm standing there and the guy turns to me. "Do you know anything about guns?" I say, "A little I suppose." He says," What can I shoot in my 45 sig I just got?" Me, "Those .45auto's WWB's right there." him, "Are you sure those will work in it?" Me, "absolutely." him, "Well, what other kinds of .45 ammo are there?" Me, "45lc's , JHP's, Gold dots, Hydrashocks,etc........." Him," and these will work? You're sure?" Me,"Blank stare...." I got some .45 ammo and walked off as he was continuing to question the clerk....lol.

This guy was well dressed in his 50's. I don't think he's ever owned a gun. I would have stayed and tried to talk sense, but the way he was treating the clerk and being a jerk to me I couldn't take it. His tone and demeanor were 'offputting' to say the least.

Good for a giggle though.

opaww 07-18-2009 03:15 AM

There really are people who do not know, but they don't got to be a dick about it.

AsmelEduardo 07-18-2009 03:17 AM

Lol

.45 SIG???:p
Maybe he need some training before anything...
That's fine to me, if someone just don't know something and I can help, I do, but as you said... some people just don't want to recieve help, usually those people are called @SSHOLES :rolleyes:

RL357Mag 07-18-2009 03:23 AM

CCI .22 ammo is plentiful in my WalMArt. It's over $6 / 100.They don't have any other brand. My guns don't like CCI, they like Federal 550 ValuePaks, which I haven't seen for more than 3 months...:(

Gojubrian 07-18-2009 03:25 AM

He really was quite the butt. I have to admit, I did look at his neck for some good targets for a moment. :D i was also tempted to tell him that they didn't have any .45 sig here, but he needed to go to store "X" first thing in the morning.

Gojubrian 07-18-2009 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RL357Mag (Post 130334)
CCI .22 ammo is plentiful in my WalMArt. It's over $6 / 100.They don't have any other brand. My guns don't like CCI, they like Federal 550 ValuePaks, which I haven't seen for more than 3 months...:(

They had a few winchester value packs, but the price has gone up. $14.47 for 500rds. I bought some Federal 'match' bulk ammo last week. $14.47 for 325rds.

WDB 07-18-2009 03:38 AM

Thanks for the smile,
These are the people buying ammo they won't use and that we all want:) They are also the people that shouldn't own a firearm as it was clear he has no concept of the pistol he owns. I've seen the same type of person at the range walk up to the counter and ask for "bullets that fits this gun" then show the person working the counter the pistol they have. Most of the counter people will sell them the ammo for the pistol and suggest they take a course with an instructor, nine times out of ten they decline on the training and hit the bay open to non members. I NEVER shoot in that bay, while there hasn't been a major issue at some point there will be and I will not be in the next lane over.

WDB 07-18-2009 03:49 AM

Bye the way
I am having trouble finding 22 mag rounds for my AMT AutoMag long slide. Walmart seems to have almost everything but this round, local gun shops get them in and sell out fast. Who is shooting 22 mag that much?

Yunus 07-18-2009 04:07 AM

.22 mag and .22 short are all I can find in my Wal-mart. .22LR is the hard to find caliber.

Wal-mart sells cheap but as this story shows, their clerks don't know anything about ammo. If you don't know exactly what your looking for go to a real gun store.

Well played Gojubrian. I think I would have been more of a smart ass to the guy.

Jesse17 07-18-2009 05:33 AM

Off Topic, but...

My little town has a rip-off gun shop, Wal-Mart, and an Ace Hardware.

The gun shop use to have .22LR CCI Mini-Mags 100 packs for $7.99, Wal-Mart had them for $6.99 and Ace Hardware (who does have a relatively knowledgeable "gun guy") had them for $4.99.

Two trips ago to ACE they only had 50rd. boxes and they were $4.99. The last time I was there (2-3 weeks ago) they had the 100 rd. boxes but they were up to $6.99 I don't know what Wal-Mart and the Gun shop are up to now.