I get freakin tired of being a red neck - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I get freakin tired of being a red neck

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Y'all know the premise behind what a redneck truely is right? It has nothing to do with where you live but rather what you did for a living. Rednecks were typically the farmers and folks that worked out of doors all day long... Out in the sun. the RED neck was the sunburn they got..

Jeff Foxworthy was the one who made the redneck what it is today. Now why did he not pick on the "hill billy's" ?? I reck'n redneck worked better.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:38 PM   #32

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I know a guy who's father is Chilean and his mother is from W. Va. They call him a "ChillyBilly" and he wears that with pride.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I grew up in MS and was thought to be well-educated & well-spoken by my friends & neighbors. I worked in Memphis, TN for a decade or so and was often given the impression that most of my friends & neighbors viewed me as a redneck. I moved back to MS and my friends & neighbors don't view me as a redneck. I guess redneckism is relative. In midtown Memphis, most people with a bit of a Southern accent, some mechanical ability & understanding, an interest in firearms, and a love of the great outdoors are stamped REDNECK. It seems to throw people off that i don't hate people who are black/of African heritage, though; i don't think that is a true part of being a lil red on the neck.

I guess i consider myself a redneck, but with modifications/moderations. I will admit my first alcoholic beverage was homemade by relatives (from Sullivan's Holler). I have owned a pickup. I have had to spray paint over a friend's name on the water tower to protect her privacy. I did greatly enjoy chewing tobacco for some time. I do have some few relatives left who lack names and have only initials. I have only personally owned one dog leash in my life, and the dog dragged it up (dog may have been into bondage or something?). My favorite kind of vacation does involve a tent & preferably a fishing pole. I do generally resent authority figures & governmental interference. Contrarily, i also have a Masters in accounting and an adequate grasp of the English language and grammar, though i often avoid or intentionally malign it, so i don't fit all of the stereotypes promoted by the media over the years (nor do most rednecks i know).

BTW, a friend who worked in China for a year or two managed to locate & befriend some redneck-type people in some of the rural areas in which he worked & drank.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 02-23-2010 at 09:29 PM.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #34

I am a Redneck and I do wear that like a badge of honor. A redneck is a handy person to have around. Unlike the elietists that try to insult us, we have the ability to fix our trucks, hunt our own food, build shelter out of nothing, and still have enough time for music and beers by the fire.
Without a computer, phone, electricity, and a double latte where would the "advanced" people be? Beggars....thats where. The redneck is going to have food, shelter, and more than likely a few forms of transportation.
While some may look down at rednecks, I pity those that think they are above us. When weather paralizes entire areas, you always see some redneck in a 4x4 just lovin it. When there are floods, you see some rednecks and their boats getting stranded people.
Sure, there are prime examples of nasty crap that gets passed off as rednecks but they are more than likely white trash or just plain scum. I guess it is all in how you define a redneck (Not the Jeff foxworthy label with all the funny ****, I am talkin about those of us that were rednecks when foxworthy was still beggin for a prom date that didnt have hoofs).

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 02-23-2010, 11:39 PM   #35

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggsbakes View Post
I get called a squirrel eatin' redneck by just about everyone I work with/out work (mostly Hispanics), and even my wife. I don't mind the label one bit. I'm not afraid to get dirty, put in a days work that would kill many a man, I'm resourceful enough that if something isn't working how it's supposed to, I'll find a way to make it happen with any material/tools available, I can live on very minimal accommodations for periods of time and enjoy every bit of it. And if that ain't enough. . . at least they're complementing my whiteness.

Next time you get called a redneck, just say thanks.
I read back through this thread and I got the whole feeling of this post. I can say that I am more than a little disgusted. The last thing we need is "white supremacy" attitudes. For those who don't know, most hispanic groups are caucasian. The racist attitude is what will label someone a redneck, or better yet a pos. Keep your racist attitudes to yourself or at least in your group of uber survivalist, "save the white race", knuckle dragging, uneducated circle of friends. I don't care to see it and it is not what the 2A embodies.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 02-24-2010, 12:17 AM   #36

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

^^^ +1 Very well stated. There is no place for racism here

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #37
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 464 Times on 254 Posts

^^You mean like your Avatar.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:33 AM   #38

Liked 496 Times on 305 Posts
Likes Given: 1624

If you have seen the video, you would most definately understand

Sent by my homing pigeon that suffers from severe social anxiety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yea, um, Darin...that's in the Double Secret Bunker. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Hookers and optics, cheap is usually a warning.

www.loryno.com

Old 02-24-2010, 12:39 AM   #39

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

We need to stop the racism and unite against the common enemy, the Judean People's Front!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Closed Thread