I dislike "sales" people. a LOT! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I dislike "sales" people. a LOT!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2011, 11:43 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay
The local shop I frequent is a second-generation gun shop. Couldn't ask for a better place to shop for, buy, or ask about guns. When you walk in the door, you're asked, "how can I help you?" You respond, and the owner does his best to assist. There are 4 or 5 stools in front of the counter, that are almost always occupied, and there are at least 250-300 firearms in the place, all the time. He special orders anything with no fees, transfers are $25. His gun prices are a bit higher than internet prices, but if I really need something on a Sunday afternoon, he'll walk next door and open up for me. I think that's worth a few bucks.
As is my local funstore, they are great. They are paid hourly no commission. I got one guy i always talk to when i go in, hes my ar go to guy.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 11-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #22

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
The local shop I frequent is a second-generation gun shop. Couldn't ask for a better place to shop for, buy, or ask about guns. When you walk in the door, you're asked, "how can I help you?" You respond, and the owner does his best to assist. There are 4 or 5 stools in front of the counter, that are almost always occupied, and there are at least 250-300 firearms in the place, all the time. He special orders anything with no fees, transfers are $25. His gun prices are a bit higher than internet prices, but if I really need something on a Sunday afternoon, he'll walk next door and open up for me. I think that's worth a few bucks.
You are lucky to have such a fine place to shop. In my area, the larger the shop the more they cater to the well-heeld. The best stocked shop in the region will not give you the time of day unless you are a plantation owner or a lawyer or such. They act as if they would prefer that the working class men stay away. I have been in that shop with a pocket full of greenbacks and a bad itch for a new rifle, and have three men behind the counter show me their backs and carry on a conversation, while I waited. I got the point and left.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
You are lucky to have such a fine place to shop. In my area, the larger the shop the more they cater to the well-heeld.
We have one of those around here.

My solution to the problem was to call pawn shops and ask about a transfer for an online order; i got straight answers and prices. I like the pawn shops.

Gunbroker had a listing of transfer-willing FFL's on their website at one time, lemme look. http://www.gunbroker.com/FFL/DealerNetwork.aspx Search by zipcode near the bottom of the page.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 11-11-2011 at 09:03 PM.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #24

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I got the same reaction and then I found a pawnshop that does transfers for 10bucks. I'd say check out pawnshops or some home FFL dealers.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 PM   #25

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
First off, their paycheck depends on you buying there.

Secondly, if they piss you off, you can do like I do. Tell 'em point blank, you'll spend your money somewhere that is willing to help you do what you want to do, then leave.
Exactly! They need to be able to put food on the table, but a good salesperson can sense when they're starting to aggravate a potential customer and back off a little bit.