I Disagree With You Thread - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

I Disagree With You Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Do you really believe that? NOTHING they can do about it?
There is nothing they can legally do about it. Sure, if they want to assault my home with a SWAT team in violation of my God-given rights, I'm pretty much at their mercy, as you would be, if they did the same to you. The odds of such a thing happening are no greater for me than they are for you.

People build their own guns, or components for their guns all the time. It is not illegal.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Old 09-18-2009, 04:16 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3486 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPond View Post
There is nothing they can legally do about it. Sure, if they want to assault my home with a SWAT team in violation of my God-given rights, I'm pretty much at their mercy, as you would be, if they did the same to you. The odds of such a thing happening are no greater for me than they are for you.

People build their own guns, or components for their guns all the time. It is not illegal.
And AGAIN, I said it was technically legal. I never said it wasn't legal. You are confusing facts with plain good advice.

To post about making your own AR, from scratch, on an open forum like this one, that is definitely being monitored, I think you would be an utter baffoon to think this is only among the members here.

Randy Weaver hadn't done anything wrong either, when he attracted the attention of Federal Agents. Due to money troubles, he was coerced into chopping two shotguns off below the legal limit. Had he not already been on the radar, he would not have been put in that situation. But instead.....

Look what happened there.

Why, in this day and age, with the country in the condition it is in, would you willingly volunteer that you are building your own, non serial numbered, non-trackable, black rifle?!

Pits First Rule: When you are in one, stop digging.

JD

Old 09-18-2009, 06:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Why, in this day and age, with the country in the condition it is in, would you willingly volunteer that you are building your own, non serial numbered, non-trackable, black rifle?!
JD
I guess we're of two very different minds. I don't care that people know I'm not afraid to exercise my Constitutionally-protected rights. For the love of God, man! It's not a crime to own a gun! What about the firearms you've purchased at gunstores? You just put yourself on notice to Big Brother, that you bought a new gun, and they have a serial number linked to your name, face, thumbprint, and SSN. Tell me I'm more exposed than you.

EDIT: Kag, I'm sorry for crapping all over your thread.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Last edited by BPond; 09-18-2009 at 07:12 PM.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPond View Post
I guess we're of two very different minds. I don't care that people know I'm not afraid to exercise my Constitutionally-protected rights. For the love of God, man! It's not a crime to own a gun! What about the firearms you've purchased at gunstores? You just put yourself on notice to Big Brother, that you bought a new gun, and they have a serial number linked to your name, face, thumbprint, and SSN. Tell me I'm more exposed than you.
Yeah, you just don't get my point.

The difference between your homemade guns and my purchased guns is this:

I legally purchased mine, just like the million other Americans in the month of August did. Nothing to set me apart from anyone else. No flags on my jacket. No tickets or even a parking ticket in close to a dozen years.
I am innocuous. I am just another right wing gun owner. Nothing special. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Someone comes to the door and wants MY guns: "Ooops. I sold them to Gary and Jeff". I am off the hook. Nothing wrong with selling my weapons. I don't even have to report them sold.

Your homemade gun on the other hand, now that you are on record as endorsing the homemade boomstick, you are REQUIRED to show proof it was destroyed, or turn it over, or you are going to jail.

Now, you want to stand at the head of the line, beat your chest and be the firebrand/lighting rod for the exercising of your Rights?

Have at it man! Get on with your bad self. I will not stop you in one way shape or form.

I am just going to be standing here with the rest of the normal, ordinary, working class, tax paying, gun owners watching the show.

Nothing to see over here, feel free to move along, we're just watching from the sidelines. Nothing to be concerned about here....

I think anyone that would publicly proclaim they are going to make their own weapon, especially an AR, is an utter fool in announcing it. Once it's in cyber-space, it just doesn't "go away".....

JD

Old 09-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts

Ok, I'm gonna jump in and offer my seemingly devalued .02.

1. As a machinist by trade, I would never post a pic of a CAD/CAM drawing with my seat signature of any firearm lower I would or would not make on a public forum, especially if I did not own the seat personally.

2. Boris is a respected member of a very large mfg forum where his Mr. Slammy appears often, but he is banned here.

3. I would never give ammo to those that be to know my business should I take it upon myself to manufacture any firearm for my own use.

4. Just because you can do so, it makes no sense to make others know that you are doing so.

5. For the price of MasterCam and the seat, I would never show it in a public arena for those that could hack the seat. If I think it can't be done, I would think again.

6. Manufacture my own or just playing around, I would realize that I am on a target list after doing so. I would have to feel overly confident to display my business anywhere on the internet. Chalk it up to ignorance or cockiness, it makes no difference how "they" would gain access to my business.

7. Ignorance of the unwritten law is the key to being watched.

8. A legal purchase is a legal purchase. I would hate to be caught without a numbered arm just because they can make a huge stink and legal battle. I would be in the right, but they could ruin me financially in having to prove such.

9. Just because I can do so, I have never done so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #16

I see that Skull and I are on the same page.

Thanks Skull -

The Boris stuff was from years ago - I dusted this thread off because it was hijacking a realitivly new members AR thread and I did not want that person to be slighted, which was why this thread was started in the first place, ironically...

JD

Old 09-18-2009, 11:25 PM   #17

Meh. I thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing someone machine their own lower.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:41 PM   #18

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

AHHH....My .02 cents here and just a friendly internet reminder for all who value your 2A rights....and guns. Just my personal thoughts here and HO, It is my practice to never post any picture of any of my own personal weapons on a public forum, the government, FBI and possibly soon the BATFE can and will have a copy of any and all firearms purchased through a 4473 from the various gun dealers I have purchased from. Private transactions with receipt of firearm information has been exchanged also. Take those transactions and match them to the beautiful guns we are all proud to display for show here, along with your forum name and..............well you get it. Also I would never say on a public forum that I am building a non-serialized, non-transferable weapon in my home and post a picture. Think about the possible obvious consequences that could arise in future along with the ones already mentioned. Treat you guns like cards in a poker game, never show your hand to anyone, until your satisfied and ready to call.

I can't do any display of my guns anyway, because like JD, Cane and Skull, I too was a fool and took all of my weapons on a boat ride to Monkey Island and the boat capsized. I suggest the rest of you rent a boat and keep the receipt. Food for thought here, ladies and gentleman.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-19-2009, 12:53 AM   #19

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As this is a rather open-ended thread, I hope I'm not breaking the rules by hijacking...

Those of you who lost your weapons in the boating accident or sold them to Tom, Dick and Harry, do you believe that simply saying that is enough to get Big Brother satisfied, and say "okey dokey, we're done here" ?

I mean, if they want the weapons, and Obamalamadingdong puts some 'weapons seizure act' into play , albeit totally farfetched and HOPEfully never happens, don't you think they're going to come armed with a search warrant and execute that warrant to be sure your guns are really rusting at the bottom of the Black Lagoon?

Old 09-19-2009, 01:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by falseharmonix View Post

Those of you who lost your weapons in the boating accident or sold them to Tom, Dick and Harry, do you believe that simply saying that is enough to get Big Brother satisfied, and say "okey dokey, we're done here" ?
It doesn't matter - We do not have to show proof of WHO bought the weapons, we only have to show reasonable evidence to suggest that the weapons were purchased.

"The economy got bad, I was laid off for a bit, I needed some money" *repeat - because it's true*

Do you think that our houses' are going to be the FIRST ONE served with warrants?

With absolutely no red flags, absolutely no gang or militia ties, stable jobs, homes, paid bills ( even minimum payments ) and no threat reports??

I am not going to go into the details, but this economic slump is more than just a current state of affairs if you apply yourself and use your most effective weapon: Your Brain.

JD