I did something evil in a former life
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I did something evil in a former life

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8840 Times on 3827 Posts
Likes Given: 1368

Default I did something evil in a former life

I am certain that is it. Probably stole the ruby from the eye of the idol, and kidnapped the nubile daughter of the high priest. Now I am being punished for it.

Traveling a lot, you can get "bumped" on an oversold flight. Sometimes, you volunteer for a bump- travel plans are such that I can get there 4 hours later, etc. Sitting in my computer bag are a couple of vouchers for free round trip tickets anywhere in the US. My plans had been- January, when the weather is a touch yucky, snag a week in Key West, do the Jimmy Buffet thing, toes in da water, pina colada in hand, sun on my back.

Notice I said "plans had been"? Got email today. Have some mines I have to go visit in January. One I fly into Missoula MT and drive over into Idaho. The other I fly into Juneau AK, and take the boat. Both in Jan. DAMN!

I ought to quit whining. It could be the North Slope of AK or Great Slave Lake uranium mines in Canada in early Feb.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5659 Times on 2956 Posts
Likes Given: 374

that bites. not only do you have shtty traveling weather you get fisted by the tsa too... got your man grease ready??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-24-2010, 03:15 AM   #3

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
that bites. not only do you have shtty traveling weather you get fisted by the tsa too... got your man grease ready??
Good lord, there is a mental image for ya

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 11-24-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-24-2010, 03:58 AM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Be sure to tell the TSA Agent how lucky his boyfriend is after your "pat" down if you have to endure one.

On the other hand, there is something to be said for the feel of rabbit fur on your face.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #6

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I am certain that is it. Probably stole the ruby from the eye of the idol, and kidnapped the nubile daughter of the high priest. Now I am being punished for it.

Traveling a lot, you can get "bumped" on an oversold flight. Sometimes, you volunteer for a bump- travel plans are such that I can get there 4 hours later, etc. Sitting in my computer bag are a couple of vouchers for free round trip tickets anywhere in the US. My plans had been- January, when the weather is a touch yucky, snag a week in Key West, do the Jimmy Buffet thing, toes in da water, pina colada in hand, sun on my back.

Notice I said "plans had been"? Got email today. Have some mines I have to go visit in January. One I fly into Missoula MT and drive over into Idaho. The other I fly into Juneau AK, and take the boat. Both in Jan. DAMN!

I ought to quit whining. It could be the North Slope of AK or Great Slave Lake uranium mines in Canada in early Feb.
shooter, if you ever make that trip to the Keys give me a shout. There's nowhere to shoot South of Homestead but we have plenty here in Ft. Lauderdale.

I'd enjoy sharing some range time with you.

cane

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-24-2010, 07:40 AM   #7

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
I wish I had a job that required me to travel the country/world other than areas of operations located in Southwest Asia. Having R&R plans snubbed due to work does suck though.

Wish I could live in AK. No matter how much nudgin, the wife wont nudge.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #8

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans.
that is a true statement i have lived it

i have seen the light

Old 11-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #9

Quote:

Are you an MSHA Inspector? If so...coal or metal/non metal?

I ran a small family owned minesite that produced dimentional limeston "square blocks" for making sawed stone products such as fireplace surrounds and other things. We also had a stone splitter for making stone veneer for high end residential applications.

mike
gn

Old 11-24-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Maybe you will get to kill a bear while you are up there; i hear they like caves and cave-like structures.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.