"I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?" - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

"I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Looks like it could also be of use as a silencer also

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 08-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 73 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 16

It's an interesting concept and certainly worth persuing.

godspeed to you!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #13

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Looks like a winner to me. Great idea. What do you project the retail price will be?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:23 PM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

It would be a bummer if you were prone to having bad dreams and accidently blew your wifes' brains out...a lot of manufacturer liability there!
How about a pillow that suffocates you while you sleep? We could pass them out for free at the DNC this week..
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 08-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #15

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3487 Times on 1612 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

You know, I kind of like the idea, but I can see some legal battles ahead for you though.

In responsible hands, I think that would be a great asset to any house.

I would agree that a burgler looking to loot the place would not be looking at the pillows, but I would expect them to toss the bed and check for money under the matress. If the weight is there, they may notice.

Best of luck with the product. Thanks for giving us a sneak peak!

JD

Old 08-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #16

Fire that gun one time without taking it out of the pillow and it will most likely jam. No offense but I pass.

Three things:
1) It'd take me more time to get the pistol out than to grab my 1911 from my bio safe next to the bed.
2) I agree with one of the above posters when he says "out of sight out of mind".
3) Having been burglarized I know for a fact that one of the first things a burglar does is to toss the bed-- the weight of that pillow would be a dead give away if someone got complacent and left their pistol in the pillow (which brings us back to point 1).

I realize that the complacent factor isn't your problem-- I'm listing why I personally wouldn't buy a pillow holster. Besides the reasons I listed... I don't think my wife would want a loaded gun pointed at her, in a pillow, under a pillow, or anywhere in our bed.

Last edited by JPBeck; 08-27-2008 at 03:18 PM.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:18 PM   #17

One thing that you may or may not have taken into consideration for your Pillow is this .

What happens when that foam burns ?

Does it give off a toxic gas that will kill people ?

I know it may sound odd but several years ago I do recall some bedding being recalled for just this reason , some consumer advocacy groups test products for things like this and if there is a danger with it you will be drowned in law suits . People have been reported to have died due to this in home fires .

Another thing is how fire retardant is it ? If someone fires their gun while still inside of it can it catch fire ?

You have to be careful especially with an overseas manufacture that might start cutting corners once you get the ball rolling so they can make larger profits .

Lastly since you intend for people to sleep with it how will it hold up to repeated washing and drying and what are the instructions for that ? Will certain detergents damage it ? Is the expected life time long enough to balance out the increase in price over what we normally do now which is to use night stands and lock boxes ?

Lastly and this is a huge thing where some people "Women mostly" are concerned will it fit inside of the standard pillow cases ?

Hate to sound like I'm trying to throw a wet blanket on your invention I hope it is 100% safe and makes you millions overnight .

Good luck

Last edited by BigO01; 08-27-2008 at 05:58 PM.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
You know, I kind of like the idea, but I can see some legal battles ahead for you though.

In responsible hands, I think that would be a great asset to any house.

I would agree that a burgler looking to loot the place would not be looking at the pillows, but I would expect them to toss the bed and check for money under the matress. If the weight is there, they may notice.

Best of luck with the product. Thanks for giving us a sneak peak!

JD
Thank you for your feedback Dillinger! That is a very valid concern you have regarding the legal issues. You see, The Security Pillow will be used at ones own risk. There will be proper legal disclosures and insurance to handle this. Let's face it the pillow is not more dangerous than the gun. It is no more dangerous than having it on your hip or shoulder.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:26 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBeck View Post
Fire that gun one time without taking it out of the pillow and it will most likely jam. No offense but I pass.

Three things:
1) It'd take me more time to get the pistol out than to grab my 1911 from my bio safe next to the bed.
2) I agree with one of the above posters when he says "out of sight out of mind".
3) Having been burglarized I know for a fact that one of the first things a burglar does is to toss the bed-- the weight of that pillow would be a dead give away if someone got complacent and left their pistol in the pillow (which brings us back to point 1).

I realize that the complacent factor isn't your problem-- I'm listing why I personally wouldn't buy a pillow holster. Besides the reasons I listed... I don't think my wife would want a loaded gun pointed at her, in a pillow, under a pillow, or anywhere in our bed.
Thank you for your feedback! You would at least get one round off and that's a lot better than none in a life or death situation. However I would have to recommend removing the pistol from the pillow before firing.

1. You would be surpised at how quickly you can retrieve the pistol from the pillow. With the combination of the sock being permenantly fixed inside of the pillow and it being made with a slick spandex material it is actually quite fast. I'd be willing to bet that it's faster than your biosafe. Besides if the intruder is already in your room and you have a split second to get your pistol then your biosafe just wont cut it.

2. I am not sure what you mean by this statement?

3. I have also been robbed and they sure didn't touch my pillows. They did however get away with my digital handgun safe (similar to your biosafe) in my night stand, which was bolted in, among other things. Even though the handgun is concealed very well and it is highly unlikely that a burglar would find it, I would definitely have to recommend locking it up in a heavy, permanently attached wall safe while it's not in use. I use my favorite carry piece (Glock 23) in the pillow and that thing goes everywhere with me. I just slide it in place every night before going to bed.

I am sorry to hear that your wife wouldn't be comfortable with a loaded gun pointed at her head. Did you know the pillow is ambidextrous and can simply be pointed away from her head? Storing a handgun in this pillow is no less secure than carring it on your hip, in your pocket, on your shoulder, or any other holster for that matter.

Last edited by SecurityPillow; 08-27-2008 at 08:28 PM.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #20

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Wouldn't work for me - I'm always flipping the damned thing over looking for the cool spot. If I've gotta depend on sleeping with my gun to stay safe, I might as well go back into the service...
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"