"I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?"
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > "I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default "I Designed A Pillow That Safely & Comfortably Stores a Handgun. What do you think?"

Hello Everyone,

I recently designed a memory foam pillow that safely & comfortably holds most handguns. This pillow also has the ability to store valuables as a theft deterrent. This product is still in the developmental stages and is not currently for sale. Please click the following link for the details...

www.SecurityPillow.com

What are your thoughts on this concept? Any suggestions or advice?

Thank you for your time!

The Security Pillow TM
"Sleep Tight."
Pat. Pending

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-27-2008, 02:46 AM   #2

i think its great. can you shoot through it if you have to. is there enough room to get a big mans hand in there. Have you thought about a body pillow for a rifle or shotgun?

Last edited by dirtysouth; 08-27-2008 at 02:51 AM.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:55 AM   #3

I think that is an awesome idea. It seems like safe handgun storage is an issue with many people with kids. It seems like it is hidden enough to keep kids out but still keeps it accessible at a moments notice. Looks like you have a great idea there.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:09 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

at this point i guess you could just make a pillow that has a built in pistol

but yeah this is a pretty cool product
is it tempur-pedic?

"If guns cause crime then all of mine are defective." -Ted Nugent

Old 08-27-2008, 03:18 AM   #5

Problem is out of sight is out of mind , presently my house gun sits on the nightstand in full view and when I leave it goes in the safe with it inside of a pillow if I were running late leaving not having it sit there could lead me forget to lock it up perhaps thinking I already had .

As far as keeping valuables if a burglary happened when no one was home pros often will "Toss the bed" knowing full well people do keep guns under pillows and mattresses , a gun left there or valuables of considerable weight or that could make noise would be found anyway .

I also not quite sure how comfortable sleeping on my 1911 would be .

Old 08-27-2008, 06:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
i think its great. can you shoot through it if you have to. is there enough room to get a big mans hand in there. Have you thought about a body pillow for a rifle or shotgun?
We are still going through testing, but yes you could theoretically shoot the handgun while it's inside of the pillow. However it may cause burning from the explosion and hot edjected shell. This is a small price to pay in a life or death situation. I would however recommend removing the pistol from the pillow before use. Yes it will be big enough for big hands. The opening to the "pistol pocket" is 8" tall. Yes we will eventually have many variations of The Security Pillow. You name it... body pillows, throw pillows, contour pillows, down w/ foam core, king size, queen size, etc. Thank you for your feedback!

Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by junho806 View Post
at this point i guess you could just make a pillow that has a built in pistol

but yeah this is a pretty cool product
is it tempur-pedic?
The memory foam is not made by tempur-pedic but it is almost identicle in consistency and comfort. Thank your for your feedback!

Old 08-27-2008, 06:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigO01 View Post
Problem is out of sight is out of mind , presently my house gun sits on the nightstand in full view and when I leave it goes in the safe with it inside of a pillow if I were running late leaving not having it sit there could lead me forget to lock it up perhaps thinking I already had .

As far as keeping valuables if a burglary happened when no one was home pros often will "Toss the bed" knowing full well people do keep guns under pillows and mattresses , a gun left there or valuables of considerable weight or that could make noise would be found anyway .

I also not quite sure how comfortable sleeping on my 1911 would be .
Responsible gun owners keep track of their firearms at all times, regardless of it being concealed or in the open on your nightstand. In my opinion a firearm should never be left out in the open & unattended. That's just asking for trouble!

I respectfully disagree with your second statement as well. The gun and valuables are firmly held in place and do not move freely. Aside from the weight the contents are virtually undetectable. In my opinion one's pillow is the last place that a burglar would be looking for valuables. You could also get creative and have a seperate Security Pillow dedicated to storing valuables, and keeping it in the lennon closet, or spare bedroom.

The Security Pillow will comfortably conceal most handguns! It's quite remarkable really. It works like a charm with my Glock 23, Springfield XD45 Full Size (Larger than your 1911), S&W Model 15 4" barrell, and Ruger Security Six .357 6" barrell.

Thank you for your feedback!

Old 08-27-2008, 07:48 AM   #9

What kind of price range are we looking at? Seems like a pretty good idea to me and I wouldnt even need to sleep on it as there isnt annyone sleeping right beside me atm . Altho I would probably sleep better with that thing beside me .

Old 08-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #10

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

The only problem I see with this is the loving pillow fight some couples get into as part of their matting ritual at night. SMACK….OOOPPPP’S sorry honey I forgot the gun was in there, no the large lump is not to big.