I can order it for ya - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I can order it for ya

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 487 Posts
Likes Given: 1099

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
next time reply with a phone number, preferably one they should recognize and smile big.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #12

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

About the only thing I use my LGS for anymore is to do FFL transfers, otherwise I buy it online myself and have it delivered to my door for less.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:07 AM   #13

Liked 2400 Times on 1557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Well, sometimes I DO order guns, ammo, accesories on line (have an 03 C&R FFL, so can do that)

BUT- the last 3 guns I have bought were from my LGSs. They ranged from 55 to 110 years old. Finding stuff like that is a matter of luck. And I have folks that will look up when I walk in and say "Got something I put aside for you to look at..."

I don't buy them all (can't!) but it is nice to have someone looking out for you.

When the day comes that I need ONE screw for a scope mount, I want that local shop to still be doing business.
You can order what you want with the c&r, pay $10 extra for "hand picked" (you can say that about a booger), have it delivered to your door, but you can't see, handle and inspect it and before you buy it unless you go the lgs. That's the big advantage.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 AM   #14

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
You can order what you want with the c&r, pay $10 extra for "hand picked" (you can say that about a booger), have it delivered to your door, but you can't see, handle and inspect it and before you buy it unless you go the lgs. That's the big advantage.
The only problem with that is most of my LGS's stock a very limited selection, and usually nothing that I am in the market for. My only "hands on" opportunities are at the gun show, where they will sometimes have what I want though the prices are hit or miss.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:34 PM   #15

Liked 719 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 764

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Well, sometimes I DO order guns, ammo, accesories on line (have an 03 C&R FFL, so can do that)

BUT- the last 3 guns I have bought were from my LGSs. They ranged from 55 to 110 years old. Finding stuff like that is a matter of luck. And I have folks that will look up when I walk in and say "Got something I put aside for you to look at..."
One of the LGS I go is just old antique guns.. Shelfs are filled with 50+ year old ammo (Nones for sale ) The shop is full of Arisakas, Nazi Mausers, Enfields, Mosins, Nambus; thats just some of the mil-surps, theres lots of sporting rifles That I really never even look at...
Hell, the guy even had a Mateba for a bit....

Old 01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Me: I'd like to take a look at a Colt LE6940.

LGS: Whassat"""

Me: It's a Colt AR-15, M-4 version.

LGS: I CAN ORDER IT FOR YA

Winston Churchill