Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   I can order it for ya (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/i-can-order-ya-80994/)

locutus 01-11-2013 03:37 PM

I can order it for ya

For years, I shopped at the LGS scalper because they stocked many things that the big discounts stores didn't stock.

Today, "mom 'n pop" at the LGS say: "I can order it for ya!"

Well, I can order it for myself. And a lot cheaper.

Today, I shop Wally World or online.

Mosin 01-11-2013 03:45 PM

Lol... I was at my LGS, and looking for a sling. The guy says to me. "I can order it for you."

I looked at him funny and said, "Yeah...I can do that...too."

He laughed and said "Yeah, I guess you can."

They're good people, I like them, and would've paid 5 bucks more to buy it from them, but I'm out in the sticks, and it takes me 40 minutes to drive to my LGS...

c3shooter 01-11-2013 04:30 PM

Well, sometimes I DO order guns, ammo, accesories on line (have an 03 C&R FFL, so can do that)

BUT- the last 3 guns I have bought were from my LGSs. They ranged from 55 to 110 years old. Finding stuff like that is a matter of luck. And I have folks that will look up when I walk in and say "Got something I put aside for you to look at..."

I don't buy them all (can't!) but it is nice to have someone looking out for you.

When the day comes that I need ONE screw for a scope mount, I want that local shop to still be doing business.

locutus 01-11-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 1089456)

When the day comes that I need ONE screw for a scope mount, I want that local shop to still be doing business.

Betcha he'll be able to order it for ya!:D:D

Trez 01-11-2013 07:39 PM

Whenever I ask for something at the LGS, I just get a blank "WTF is that?" stare.... :confused: :p

orangello 01-11-2013 07:46 PM

Kinda short on real LGS's around here, but there a "pawn and gun" FFL that is pretty cool. I asked him about receiving a transfer from an interweb purchase for me and what he would charge. He said something like "$20, but i will call for you to see if they will discount it for me if you like". Dude doesn't stock much ammo, but i have bought three of my last four pistols from him, all at good prices, one "used" (more like "drawered" IMO).

danf_fl 01-11-2013 07:59 PM

Person came in the shop with the handgun "plastic-bagged"
Me: "Can I help you?"
Person: "Could you assemble this for me? It shouldn't take much. A guy on Youtube showed how easy it was."
Me: "Then why are you bringing it to me? Get outtahere."

orangello 01-11-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1089650)
Person came in the shop with the handgun "plastic-bagged"
Me: "Can I help you?"
Person: "Could you assemble this for me? It shouldn't take much. A guy on Youtube showed how easy it was."
Me: "Then why are you bringing it to me? Get outtahere."

Ruger Mark .22 pistol perchance? :D

chloeshooter 01-11-2013 08:23 PM

Or how about people that ask you things that can easily be googled? example:

CO-WORKER - I don't have the zip-code for Bend, OR

ME - would you like me to GOOGLE that for you?

orangello 01-11-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chloeshooter (Post 1089677)
Or how about people that ask you things that can easily be googled? example:

CO-WORKER - I don't have the zip-code for Bend, OR

ME - would you like me to GOOGLE that for you?

Next time reply with a phone number, preferably one they should recognize and smile big.