Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > I-96 shooter, Michigan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Default I-96 shooter, Michigan

I don't remember hearing about this....http://www.freep.com/article/20121220/NEWS05/121220069/96-corridor-shooting-suspect-charged-with-terrorism

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #2

Liked 1121 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 276

It suits me fine for the guy to be blowing bubbles on the Gitmo water boards.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-27-2012, 01:31 PM   #3

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

With the powers the government has claimed they 'possess' to keep us sheeple safe... I'd be VERY careful, throwing the terrorism word around.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #4

Liked 1121 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
With the powers the government has claimed they 'possess' to keep us sheeple safe... I'd be VERY careful, throwing the terrorism word around.
I would be quite happy if the town fathers could handle such a criminal the way they may have done a hundred years ago, and just strung the bastard up, for shooting at random people. Now, we are expected to feed, clothe, house, and take care of his medical and mental health for the rest of his life.

The purpose of terrorism is to terrorize. That is what he was doing. I don't really care what his political, philosophical or religious reasons are, he is a terrorist, treat him like one. The water board is the new scaffold.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 12-27-2012, 02:03 PM   #5

Interesting.

Since terrorism is the new rage, maybe we can get all those Eco nuts, PETA, and Occupy Wall Street indefinitely detained, without trial.
They've done their share of terrorizing.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #6

Paradoxically, I have NO problem with a public lynching, once found guilty and exhausted appeals.

I think a big problem with today's youth is their sheltered states.

I wonder what would happen to crime rates if children were taken to watch a crying, blubbering man be hanged to death, then told 'This is what happens to bad people.'

People Like This 
Old 12-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6559 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
I wonder what would happen to crime rates if children were taken to watch a crying, blubbering man be hanged to death, then told 'This is what happens to bad people.'
They'd plummet.

Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1491 Times on 914 Posts
Likes Given: 7365

Quote:
Paradoxically, I have NO problem with a public lynching, once found guilty and exhausted appeals.

I think a big problem with today's youth is their sheltered states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
They'd plummet.
I have to agree with Tex. on this. If every state had a death penalty that was used, in a public manner, crime rates would plummet. I also think that if the number of appeals were limited, and if there was a law on the books that bumped the BG to the head of the line if more than 4 credible witnesses can testify it was him, crime rates would be almost non-existent. Not only do we need a death penalty for every state, we need an express lane!

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Last edited by kfox75; 12-27-2012 at 08:51 PM.
People Like This