Hyphenated last names. - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Hyphenated last names.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 01:22 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

It's not the hyphens that get me..It's people with two first names...<shudder> It's just not right I tell yas! Like DAvid Keith. Look for in the phone book..Keith David..They got sumpin to hide!!!!!!?????!!????

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-19-2010, 06:15 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzscubie View Post
Goju,

Glass hyphened her last name when we were married. She did it mainly for work reasons but also because she is her own woman and is my partner not my property (No, I know that's not what you meant or even thought) I'm just saying that was what I think. I can understand why over history the woman took her husband’s name as he was there to take care of her, protect her and was the main bread winner in the family and it was important to keep the "family" name going. BUT as we as a people and society evolve and men realize that women are our equals and partners then we have to evolve and let them keep their identity if they so choose. I do not have a problem with Glass keeping her maiden name and I was and am proud she elected to take my last name also.

Scubie
I hyphenated my last name when I married Scubie mainly because I had been with the SO for over 12 years and it would have been a pain in the a** to change things at work because I worked with many different agencies. For non-work things, I generally used Scubie's name. Now, since I am with a different agency, I generally use Scubie's last name, new start and all that crap. Officially the name is hyphenated, so on affidavits and court stuff, the full name goes on the paperwork. Sometimes it is a pain trying to remember if I used the hyphenated name or just Scubie's name.

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....