Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Huckabee on gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 07:04 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
So because your favorite candidate might not be on the ticket, you'll let someone like Clinton or Obama get elected and like Bill Clinton did, pass all knids of anti gun legislation as well as screw up the rest of the country. Great, just great.
That is a choice the GOP "leadership" must make. I've already made my choice and it is with the Constitution.

Member GCO

Old 01-26-2008, 07:08 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loco40 View Post
My vote will be a strategic decision based on defeating the liberals. I respect folks who have a strong ideology and want to vote for the candidate who most appeals to their own principals but compromise is sometimes the only option. This is one of those cases. Vote for someone who has a chance to win. Otherwise you will feel great about making you statement.....as you lose you 2nd amendment rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Both major parties are infested with "liberals". Don't think so? Just look at today's "conservatives" who jumped over to the GOP after working years for Scoop Jackson. Do Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Elliott Abrams, Charles Horner, Douglas Feith, Ben Wattenberg, and Bill Bennett ring a bell?

Member GCO

Old 01-31-2008, 10:46 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I hope that Dr. Paul has a chance because he is the only real hope that AMERICA has at this point. I will vote but I don't like voteing against someone. I would much rather vote for someone. But if McCain gets the GOP nomination that leaves us little choice......liberal......or.........liberal! ! !

Old 01-31-2008, 11:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueXJ View Post
I hope that Dr. Paul has a chance because he is the only real hope that AMERICA has at this point. I will vote but I don't like voteing against someone. I would much rather vote for someone. But if McCain gets the GOP nomination that leaves us little choice......liberal......or.........liberal! ! !
I'll still write in Dr. Paul - and I won't have to go home to take a shower afterwards.

Member GCO

Old 02-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree that a write-in is better than either of the other choices, but I would still rather he were on the ballot.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:27 AM   #26

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

A write in is as good as a vote for Hillary or Obama. Your choice but IMHO it's a terrible one. It looks like it'll be McCain who I don't care for very much but remember, it's not just him but the people surrounding him. President aside, we need to vote in Conservative Senators and Congressmen and get control back!!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 02-01-2008, 05:33 AM   #27

Quote:
A write in is as good as a vote for Hillary or Obama. Your choice but IMHO it's a terrible one. It looks like it'll be McCain who I don't care for very much but remember, it's not just him but the people surrounding him. President aside, we need to vote in Conservative Senators and Congressmen and get control back!!
That's the dilema you neotools have. You either support a strict constitutionalist in getting the GOP nomination or you risk loosing the election to the Hildabeast. Ya see, we true conservatives have the Goopers by the nads.

Member GCO

Old 02-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #28

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

"neotools" Now you reduce yourself to name calling. You're dismissed.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 02-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #29

Quote:
"neotools" Now you reduce yourself to name calling. You're dismissed.
I call it like I see it. Most in the GOP would vote for the Marx-Engels ticket as long as it had an "R" next to it.

Member GCO

Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 AM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH. Don't listen to the 60 second sound bites. I've been voting for years, and the politicians are great at sounding good on the commeercials. You've got to get in there and do you're homework. If you listen carefully to who the democrats really truly like, it's McCain first and Huckabee second. Now, why do we care who the DEMOCRATS LIKE? It's because they either they know 1)Huckabee can be beaten, and/or 2) McCain will work with them, like with the McCain/Kennedy Bill or McCain/FineGold Bill. If you do you're homework, you will find McCain actually approached John Kerry about running as VP.

DO YOU'RE HOME WORK FOLKS, ENJOY!