Huckabee on gun control - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Huckabee on gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 04:39 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol City GunDawgs View Post
Ive never voted before, dont beleive Im even registered. But in the past 8-10 years Ive started hunting, shooting and carry a pistol. Now Ive almost finished my "gun pro" program. And Im looking into getting my FFL and checking the cost of starting a gun shop. So finaly the election's matter to me.

Luckly I can sit back and listen to my dad, uncle and grandfather debate who's the best and its like a live CNN broadcast. Ive got to go change my addy on my license this week and plan to vote. And right now Im liking Huck alot. Id like to find out more about how everyone stands on the 2nd but Im horrible at searching things I dont know much about.

Honestly and I know it shouldnt how a candidate stands on the 2nd and hunting is what will get them my vote. Im not saying tax's and wars and everything else wrong in the world doesnt matter. But I figure if those 2 get me started then in time Im sure the rest will follow.
How old are you? What do you mean that "election's (sic) finaly (sic) matter to me"? The day you turn 18 elections should matter to you. It is your country and these are your elected officials. Didn't you sign Selective Service paperwork? Don't you at least care who pulls your card on that matter, if nothing else?

Old 01-06-2008, 05:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Very true but the only alternative is a write in or not voting at all and that only helps the Liberals. It's a tough one for sure.
Whether the GOP likes it or not, the Paul campaign has them by the gonads. If he doesn't get nominated, the Dems will certainly win. Those of us who will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils will write in Dr. Paul anyway. It's the principle of the thing. We are voting for the Constitution and not for some damn political party.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Member GCO

Old 01-06-2008, 05:46 AM   #13

http://wnyw.4wmt.com/cmm/

Here is a site to a little test to see which canidate best fits your interests. It goes into a lot of depth about all the canidates and where they stand on most of the issues. Enjoy!
Proud NRA member

Old 01-06-2008, 05:48 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by

[I
"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."[/I] -- John Quincy Adams
Unfortunatley, that got proven wrong when Ross Perot ran and took votes from the republicans and gave the win to Clinton.
Proud NRA member

Old 01-06-2008, 05:55 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkoPo View Post
Unfortunatley, that got proven wrong when Ross Perot ran and took votes from the republicans and gave the win to Clinton.
Do you really think that is what happened or did the US just get tired of Reganomics and meddlesome foreign policy?

Old 01-06-2008, 01:09 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Regardless of it not curbing Congress spending, we need a new system and the Fair Tax is the best proposal so far. Our current system is horrible. It punishes people who work hard then if they don't pay men in ski masks come with machine guns to raid your house and arrest you.

I don't trust CNN one bit. I will have to research him on taxes more since I have not yet.

CNN stands for Clinton News Network enough said !

Old 01-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #17

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Whether the GOP likes it or not, the Paul campaign has them by the gonads. If he doesn't get nominated, the Dems will certainly win. Those of us who will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils will write in Dr. Paul anyway. It's the principle of the thing. We are voting for the Constitution and not for some damn political party.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams
So because your favorite candidate might not be on the ticket, you'll let someone like Clinton or Obama get elected and like Bill Clinton did, pass all knids of anti gun legislation as well as screw up the rest of the country. Great, just great.

This link to another thead in this forum shows the kind of thing we look foward to if any Liberal gets in The White House:
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/incredible-injustice-2937/#post13819

Jeff Cooper

Last edited by jeepejeep; 01-07-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 PM   #18

My vote will be a strategic decision based on defeating the liberals. I respect folks who have a strong ideology and want to vote for the candidate who most appeals to their own principals but compromise is sometimes the only option. This is one of those cases. Vote for someone who has a chance to win. Otherwise you will feel great about making you statement.....as you lose you 2nd amendment rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #19

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Shame on all of you that say you will lose your 2nd Amendment rights if a Liberal is elected. You can only lose the rights that you are willing to give up. I will maintain my right to own a gun until the day I die, whether that comes sooner or later.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.
Chuck! Tell me who to vote for. Seriously.