Huckabee on gun control
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Huckabee on gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Huckabee on gun control

The more I read about him, the more he is earning my vote. This is what he said when asked about the second ammendment.

"My position on the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution is as clear for me as the position held by most journalists toward the 1st Amendment. While I do not consider myself a "gun nut," I proudly own a variety of firearms and enjoy hunting as well as sports shooting. But even if I were not a hunter or did not enjoy shooting, I would still be a firm believer in the 2nd Amendment right of Americans to own firearms for self-protection and as a matter of principle."

"There are 700,000 physicians in the US and the number of accidental deaths caused by them per year is 120,000, making the accidental death rate per physician 17%. Using the same logic, there are about 80 million gun owners, and the number of accidental gun deaths per year among all age groups is 1,500. The same calculation reveals the number of accidental deaths per gun owner to be 0.00188%. In other words, statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 more times more dangerous than gun owners. Yet, I hear no one suggesting we ban doctors."

Proud NRA member

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I like his Fair Tax plan and his 2nd Amendment stance.

Haven't researched his immigration record much though.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #3

Liked 75 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 291

I heard him on Sean Hannity today. He says he wants to build the wall along the southern border and promises it will be built within 14 months of becoming prez. He supports fining anyone hiring illegals and does not support giving any rights to illegals or their children. If all true, he sounds pretty good so far. I'm still waiting to make my decision on who I like though.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-05-2008, 03:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I like his Fair Tax plan and his 2nd Amendment stance.

Haven't researched his immigration record much though.
The so-called Fair Tax does not give Congress one bit of incentive to reduce their spending to Constitutional levels. That's why we have a $9.2 trillion National Debt with another $50 trillion in promised entitlements for such "compassionate conservative" programs like the Medicare Drug fiasco.

By the way, the Huckster didn't get the nickname Tax Hike Mike for nothing. He's just another cookie cutter establishment politician that's talking the talk. His record in Arkansas proves otherwise. Here is a vid that proves it.

Member GCO

Last edited by Chuck; 01-05-2008 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Because I can.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 699 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Regardless of it not curbing Congress spending, we need a new system and the Fair Tax is the best proposal so far. Our current system is horrible. It punishes people who work hard then if they don't pay men in ski masks come with machine guns to raid your house and arrest you.

I don't trust CNN one bit. I will have to research him on taxes more since I have not yet.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #6

He also explained or tried to explain his tax raises by saying most of it was to improve the roads which supposedly were terrible when he took office and not inferstructure is way better. Without living there, that would be hard to see. He claims he vetoed a lot of other tax increasing measures. Gotta do more reserch if indeed he does seem to be the candidate the Republicans seem to be going with. All in all, he's WAY better than any of the DemocRATS!

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, but evil is not overcome by fleeing from it"

Jeff Cooper

Old 01-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
Regardless of it not curbing Congress spending, we need a new system and the Fair Tax is the best proposal so far. Our current system is horrible. It punishes people who work hard then if they don't pay men in ski masks come with machine guns to raid your house and arrest you.

I don't trust CNN one bit. I will have to research him on taxes more since I have not yet.
None of the Old Media can be trusted but the Huckster's record is well known. As for taxes, get ahold of a book called "Prosperity Restored by the State Rate Tax Plan" by Edward Ellison Jr. and John William Kurowski. It's the tax plan of the Framers of our Constitution and worked just fine until 1913.

Member GCO

Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
He also explained or tried to explain his tax raises by saying most of it was to improve the roads which supposedly were terrible when he took office and not inferstructure is way better. Without living there, that would be hard to see. He claims he vetoed a lot of other tax increasing measures. Gotta do more reserch if indeed he does seem to be the candidate the Republicans seem to be going with. All in all, he's WAY better than any of the DemocRATS!
Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.

Member GCO

Old 01-06-2008, 01:04 AM   #9

Ive never voted before, dont beleive Im even registered. But in the past 8-10 years Ive started hunting, shooting and carry a pistol. Now Ive almost finished my "gun pro" program. And Im looking into getting my FFL and checking the cost of starting a gun shop. So finaly the election's matter to me.

Luckly I can sit back and listen to my dad, uncle and grandfather debate who's the best and its like a live CNN broadcast. Ive got to go change my addy on my license this week and plan to vote. And right now Im liking Huck alot. Id like to find out more about how everyone stands on the 2nd but Im horrible at searching things I dont know much about.

Honestly and I know it shouldnt how a candidate stands on the 2nd and hunting is what will get them my vote. Im not saying tax's and wars and everything else wrong in the world doesnt matter. But I figure if those 2 get me started then in time Im sure the rest will follow.

Personal Arsenal: Mossberg 500 20ga combo; Baikal IZH-43 12ga; Western Auto 16ga Bolt Action, Marlin 597 .22LR

Old 01-06-2008, 02:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil.
Very true but the only alternative is a write in or not voting at all and that only helps the Liberals. It's a tough one for sure.

Jeff Cooper