Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > HR 45 Blair Holt. Obamas under the radar GUN CONTROLE

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default HR 45 Blair Holt. Obamas under the radar GUN CONTROLE

HR 45 Blair Holt. Obamas under the radar GUN CONTROLE
H.R.45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and... OpenCongress
GovTrack: H.R. 45: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House Better tex of the bill
Text of H.R.45 as Introduced in House: Blair... OpenCongress ----------tex of the bill
H.R. 45: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 (GovTrack.us) --------Keep track of this bill here

We Have HR 17, and HR 1 take a look at these bills Google them and find the info WE need to get a clue in this country and fast. The second was upheld and they are still Infringing on it. Take the WAL MART shooting in Tacoma. This Law would not have prevented a thing.

snopes.com: Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act This IS FOR REAL get on it call your congressmen or women.

SEC 403 this is what it says
In order to ascertain compliance with this Act, the amendments made by this Act, and the regulations and orders issued under this Act, the Attorney General may, during regular business hours, enter any place in which firearms or firearm products are manufactured, stored, or held, for distribution in commerce, and inspect those areas where the products are so manufactured, stored, or held.
How you like that??????? You can own a gun but you have lost the rite to privacy…

Universal Background Check Requirement-

‘(1) REQUIREMENT- Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer a firearm to any person other than such a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with subsection (t).

‘(2) EXCEPTION- Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the infrequent transfer of a firearm by gift, bequest, intestate succession or other means by an individual to a parent, child, grandparent, or grandchild of the individual, or to any loan of a firearm for any lawful purpose for not more than 30 days between persons who are personally known to each other.’.
So you can not give your child or wife a gun for any reason hand down from granddads gun to grand son.

SEC. 104. RENEWAL OF LICENSE.

So it expirers and they can still refuse you a licens and its 25 bucks every time.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #2

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

HR-45 has been laying dead in committee for 2 years, and is not likely to ever come up for a vote. HR-45 was first introduced early in 2007 as HR- 2666. When first introduced it was co-sponsored by Rahm Emanuel, who is now Obama's Chief of Staff. It currently has no co-sponsors and is unlikely to get any. It was introduced by former Black Panther radical Bobby Rush, D-Chicago. Speaker Pelosi has ordered Dems to back off on any gun control bills for now, remembering how badly they were hurt by the pro-gun lobby during the 1994 and 2000 elections. Watch out for Democrat gains during the next off-year elections in 2010. If the Democrat control of congress expands, we could be in for many such bills. NRA-ILA :: Big Brother's New Target: Tracking Firearms

Buy a gun. Join NRA / GOA. Get politically involved. VOTE!

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 06-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #3

People need to stop ranting about gun control...with this health BS and the economy Obama wouldn't risk political suicide.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroZero713 View Post
People need to stop ranting about gun control...with this health BS and the economy Obama wouldn't risk political suicide.
I'll agree and disagree. I do not believe he will attack guns currently but as soon as the economy starts to turn, which BO is already saying is starting to happen, it will be high on his list. I wouldn't rest just yet, the fight is coming and we need to prepare ourselves for it accordingly.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 06-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'll agree and disagree. I do not believe he will attack guns currently but as soon as the economy starts to turn, which BO is already saying is starting to happen, it will be high on his list. I wouldn't rest just yet, the fight is coming and we need to prepare ourselves for it accordingly.
I've heard it has more to do with the upcoming election of many democratic senators and congressmen. And that if the election leaves a Democratic majority in both the house and senate we are likely to get a strong push afterwards for the ban reinstatement.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
I've heard it has more to do with the upcoming election of many democratic senators and congressmen. And that if the election leaves a Democratic majority in both the house and senate we are likely to get a strong push afterwards for the ban reinstatement.
I could see that being a factor as well, the 2010 election is going to be pivotal, for more reasons then just gun control.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer