How We Got Here
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How We Got Here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default How We Got Here

and so ,, my wife and i decided ,,, to have a weapon or two around the house ,,, would be a good thing ,,, personal protection and all that ,, not knowing much about fire arms ,, did not know what to buy ,,, being a auto mechanic.... i came across a chance to trade auto work ....for a colt 38 police special ,,,,and and,,, great plains, 50 cal,, black powder rifle we have gone out to the desert with the 38 a few times ... and did some target pratice big fun ,,,, i need to go to the black powder forum ...and get some instruction on loading,, and cleaning...and powder supplies,,, before we fire that big monster off but im looking foreward to that later JB

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2008, 03:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbats View Post
and so ,, my wife and i decided ,,, to have a weapon or two around the house ,,, would be a good thing ,,, personal protection and all that ,, not knowing much about fire arms ,, did not know what to buy ,,, being a auto mechanic.... i came across a chance to trade auto work ....for a colt 38 police special ,,,,and and,,, great plains, 50 cal,, black powder rifle we have gone out to the desert with the 38 a few times ... and did some target pratice big fun ,,,, i need to go to the black powder forum ...and get some instruction on loading,, and cleaning...and powder supplies,,, before we fire that big monster off but im looking foreward to that later JB
Glad to have you here. I am not sure however that a black powder rifle is a great choice for personal protection. Fun as hell to shoot though. Enjoy the site and its tons of info.

Old 11-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

If you want black powder, get a bp handgun, they don't have to go through the NICS check. Plenty of people can testify - if they could speak - that a bp handgun is still effective as a personal defense weapon....

9x18=Makarov