How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture) - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 01:37 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I have no desire for another hospitalization for cellulitis infections, BTDT twice, and that's more than enough!
Been hospitalized once for cellulitis and that was enough for me. Currently I am dealing with a leg ulcer on the front of my left leg. I cover it with a piece of PolyMem WiC silver, covered by a piece of DrawTex, then an 8x10 abd pad, covered with Kerlix and then a piece of tubular bandage and it is slowly healing due to leakage from the edema in that leg.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-10-2014, 02:09 AM   #32

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture)

double post my bad

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 03-10-2014, 02:09 AM   #33

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986 View Post
Thanks guys, its healing fine. Ive been trying not to move it and I'm keeping it clean. It coulda been worse, glad its not.
That picture was disgusting lol

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk
Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Old 03-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Dumb coon ass..............

When I was a youngen, after hurricane Betsy hit. I happened to pick up a double edged razor blade. The new kind, like x ray film. I closed my hand on it and it sliced my third finger 3/4 of the way thru. Never told mom or dad and kept it closed till it healed over. That was a night mare. Never put peroxide on a deep cut, or alchohol for that matter, it destroys the flesh thats needed for a quicker healing. It's better to just flush out the wound and wrap in clean gauze. If it bleeds and dries up leave the gauze intack for a couple of days or more. As long as it doesn't start a red streak.............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 592 Times on 333 Posts

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1394812639.891173.jpg any of these would do. I ride BMX and get split open all the time. If it is a bad cut I would was it,alcohol it ,then close it with super glue. My wife has patched me so many times we lost count. Broken bones are the same way. If it is a finger,toe,rib,or collar bone I normally tape it up and make it non mobile. In the last two years I've been knocked out three times,broken fingers,toes and my arm. Hyper extended my wrist and tore my MCL. Broken a rib and hemorrhaged an adrenal gland. Collapsed my esophagus, it still pops when I swallow but is getting better. I think that's it?? I've only seen a doctor once. It cost me $13k that was when I got knocked out and hemorrhaged the adrenal gland. If it didn't hurt so dang bad I wouldn't have gone then but I was scared I cut my liver. imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1394813465.582999.jpg that's a picture of one of my knock outs. Haha.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Say what..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopowerbmx View Post
Attachment 139117 any of these would do. I ride BMX and get split open all the time. If it is a bad cut I would was it,alcohol it ,then close it with super glue. My wife has patched me so many times we lost count. Broken bones are the same way. If it is a finger,toe,rib,or collar bone I normally tape it up and make it non mobile. In the last two years I've been knocked out three times,broken fingers,toes and my arm. Hyper extended my wrist and tore my MCL. Broken a rib and hemorrhaged an adrenal gland. Collapsed my esophagus, it still pops when I swallow but is getting better. I think that's it?? I've only seen a doctor once. It cost me $13k that was when I got knocked out and hemorrhaged the adrenal gland. If it didn't hurt so dang bad I wouldn't have gone then but I was scared I cut my liver. Attachment 139119 that's a picture of one of my knock outs. Haha.
1965, we had super glue in the swamps of La.????????........We had lock jaw but no lock tite. but we did have texaco 3'' wide black tape they used to wrap the gas pipe lines with. We had a lot of horse Doctors..........You were better off calling a vet. iffin you could find one.............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 03-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #37

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 220

I would just use peroxide and rubbing alcohol... if it were me then I would tape it as closed as I could with a temporary tape so I could super glue it shut for a week. There is also a think called liquid tape id think of using.

Posted By R1D2, Many leagues under the sea..
Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
-Joker :)

(Remember the fallen!)