How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture)
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 06:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture)

I was playing with one of my knives yesterday and cut my index finger pretty deep. Now what happened was the knife had a kydex sheath and I used my left hand to grasp the sheath and right for the handle. When I yanked it out I didn't realize I had my index finger off of the sheath so I slashed my finger. Im not sure if I could see the bone but I did see some white. My dad thinks it'll be fine though. It didn't hurt at all which is the funny part. But anyway I ran downstairs and put some peroxide on it and dried it then taped a 4x4 gauze to it. Later that day I changed the bandage to a 2x2 gauze and now that I woke up I put some Neosporin on it and changed the gauze. What else should I do to ensure it heals right?
Heres what It looked like when I woke upimageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1394306381.884855.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Grant me the victory over my foes and those that wish to harm me and mine. Let not my last thought be “ If only I had my gun” ; and Lord if today is truly the day that You call me home , Let me die in a pile of brass.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-08-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

keep doing what you are doing and watch and make sure it doesn't get infected.

my father would call that nothing more that a minor scratch!

Old 03-08-2014, 06:27 PM   #3
deg
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 419 Times on 274 Posts
Likes Given: 794

A laceration on your finger – you call that a laceration!? Just jacking with you, those are a pain in the butt, and no, this is not my finger. It is someone my boy knows; make me want to puke….stinking wedding rings anyway.

hurt.jpg  
Old 03-08-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 864 Times on 392 Posts
Likes Given: 398

You're going to live! I would show you mine but I almost faint every time I see the pics

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

dango Likes This 
Old 03-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #5
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Both my Son-in law and brother in-law managed to get their fingers in the way of the wood splitter!
Non of my genes involved here, but fortunately they got caught on the ram side and not the wedge
so they ended up with thumbs that will come in handy for flipping hamburgers So as you can see
in this family if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary some where between sh!t and syphilis!
In reality I was the first to arrive at the hospital and thankfully both only suffered cosmetic damage but it makes
for good ribbing material at our family gatherings Got one coming up, time for a bottle of Gentleman Jack and remember when

Old 03-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #6
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg View Post
A laceration on your finger – you call that a laceration!? Just jacking with you, those are a pain in the butt, and no, this is not my finger. It is someone my boy knows; make me want to puke….stinking wedding rings anyway.
Yikes!!!!! Wont need to trim that fingernail for a while
I had a similar experience but my finger stayed on, I was descending a step ladder and a protruding nail slipped between my finger and wedding ring and my full weight fetched up on it mercifully I had a pair of diagonal cutters and was able to free myself but my ring finger looked like a kielbasa for a week....OUCH!

Last edited by Pasquanel; 03-08-2014 at 06:50 PM. Reason: reponse

Old 03-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

those are reasons exactly why i refuse to wear a wedding ring or any jewelry while working.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #8

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

Go to the doctor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Firearms Talk mobile app

Old 03-09-2014, 10:08 AM   #9
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7316 Times on 4400 Posts
Likes Given: 8973

Quote:
Originally Posted by deg View Post
Damn!! Did they put that skin back on that finger? That's DISGUSTING.

Old 03-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6322 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 6797

Beast, Fingers are tough to heal. They touch lots of contaminated stuff and just bend too much. A stitch can help, yours looked close to wanting one but is past that now. Bacitracine, a gauze finger cottete (sp?) and an aluminum splint will help it heal much quicker than doing nothing at all.

Deg, thats just horrible, looks like a skinned muskrat tail! Tell me they saved the finger! Wedding rings have been the death of more men....