Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/how-treat-laceration-my-finger-picture-104893/)

beastmode986 03-08-2014 06:20 PM

How to treat a laceration on my finger? ( picture)

1 Attachment(s)
I was playing with one of my knives yesterday and cut my index finger pretty deep. Now what happened was the knife had a kydex sheath and I used my left hand to grasp the sheath and right for the handle. When I yanked it out I didn't realize I had my index finger off of the sheath so I slashed my finger. Im not sure if I could see the bone but I did see some white. My dad thinks it'll be fine though. It didn't hurt at all which is the funny part. But anyway I ran downstairs and put some peroxide on it and dried it then taped a 4x4 gauze to it. Later that day I changed the bandage to a 2x2 gauze and now that I woke up I put some Neosporin on it and changed the gauze. What else should I do to ensure it heals right?
Heres what It looked like when I woke upAttachment 138477

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Axxe55 03-08-2014 06:24 PM

keep doing what you are doing and watch and make sure it doesn't get infected.

my father would call that nothing more that a minor scratch!:D

deg 03-08-2014 06:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A laceration on your finger – you call that a laceration!? Just jacking with you, those are a pain in the butt, and no, this is not my finger. It is someone my boy knows; make me want to puke….stinking wedding rings anyway.

Pasquanel 03-08-2014 06:28 PM

You're going to live! I would show you mine but I almost faint every time I see the pics :o

Pasquanel 03-08-2014 06:43 PM

Both my Son-in law and brother in-law managed to get their fingers in the way of the wood splitter!
Non of my genes involved here, but fortunately they got caught on the ram side and not the wedge
so they ended up with thumbs that will come in handy for flipping hamburgers :p So as you can see
in this family if you're looking for sympathy you'll find it in the dictionary some where between sh!t and syphilis!
In reality I was the first to arrive at the hospital and thankfully both only suffered cosmetic damage but it makes
for good ribbing material at our family gatherings :D Got one coming up, time for a bottle of Gentleman Jack and remember when ;)

Pasquanel 03-08-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deg (Post 1525735)
A laceration on your finger – you call that a laceration!? Just jacking with you, those are a pain in the butt, and no, this is not my finger. It is someone my boy knows; make me want to puke….stinking wedding rings anyway.

Yikes!!!!! Wont need to trim that fingernail for a while :eek:
I had a similar experience but my finger stayed on, I was descending a step ladder and a protruding nail slipped between my finger and wedding ring and my full weight fetched up on it mercifully I had a pair of diagonal cutters and was able to free myself but my ring finger looked like a kielbasa for a week....OUCH!

Axxe55 03-08-2014 07:22 PM

those are reasons exactly why i refuse to wear a wedding ring or any jewelry while working.

BullseyePrecision 03-08-2014 07:24 PM

Go to the doctor

Sent from my SM-N900V using Firearms Talk mobile app

winds-of-change 03-09-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deg (Post 1525735)

Damn!! Did they put that skin back on that finger? That's DISGUSTING.

WebleyFosbery38 03-09-2014 11:06 AM

Beast, Fingers are tough to heal. They touch lots of contaminated stuff and just bend too much. A stitch can help, yours looked close to wanting one but is past that now. Bacitracine, a gauze finger cottete (sp?) and an aluminum splint will help it heal much quicker than doing nothing at all.

Deg, thats just horrible, looks like a skinned muskrat tail! Tell me they saved the finger! Wedding rings have been the death of more men....