How tough is your other half?? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

How tough is your other half??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #21
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
My "other half" was not tough at all.

When the going got tough, he left.
well WOC, some men are just wuss's and can't hang! you're much better off without him.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #22
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8895 Times on 5321 Posts
Likes Given: 11895

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
well WOC, some men are just wuss's and can't hang! you're much better off without him.
True. Now, if you want to hear how tough I've been through life.............

Old 08-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
True. Now, if you want to hear how tough I've been through life.............
i know, just rub some dirt into the cut and go about things!

Old 08-19-2012, 07:54 PM   #24

Liked 849 Times on 547 Posts
Likes Given: 257

Later in life as we are, now my wife is rather fragile and has not shot in years. But I have no doubts about her taking up arms to protect her loved ones.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 544 Times on 328 Posts

My wife got bucked off her horse and broke her back in two places gets up off the ground and walks to the house gets her phone to call my work so I can come home and then had me call 911 . All the time she never cried.

"I'm an A**hole"

Old 08-20-2012, 12:33 AM   #26
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8895 Times on 5321 Posts
Likes Given: 11895

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
Later in life as we are, now my wife is rather fragile and has not shot in years. But I have no doubts about her taking up arms to protect her loved ones.
I find myself getting "less tough" as I age. I'm not as strong as I used to be and arthritis in my left elbow and thumb gets in the way sometimes.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #27

Liked 3380 Times on 1523 Posts
Likes Given: 3088

Quote:
Originally Posted by g23shooter View Post
My wife is from Cambodia and we have been together over 23 years. When she was 22 and Pol Pot took over they took her families land and assets, took her then current husband in the middle of the night and he never came home. She lost about 6 other family members during that time. She was forced into a labor camp with her daughter, then maybe 3 or 4 years old. She survived that and took her Daughter along with the company of about 200 others and trekked over 100 mies on foot through the jungle and unimproved road to Thailand with her child on her back. On that walk she was able to see and walk through what we have come to know as the Killing Fields. According to her they had lost more than 100 people t mines and sickness. After 2 years in Thailand and 1 year in the Philippines. Then getting sponsored to the US and 7 years later she earned her Citizenship.

Is my wife tough? No recent displays, she acts I suppose as many women do in a day to day basis. However if the SHTF I have no doubt I would probably be the one trying to catch up to her as she has proven that she is a survivor.

You win sir. Hat's off to your wife.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:33 AM   #28

well i won't say my wife is tough or anything like that. but she is loyal to me and i know she would defend me to the end, as i would her. that and i trust her with my life. so in her own delicate way, she is a very strong and headstrong women.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:09 AM   #29
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2649 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 14619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert999 View Post
I've seen my wife fight, give birth, and deal with my stupidity for ten years. If that isn't enough i don't know what is, but i came home after a urgent call from her, somthing about the kid getting beat up (my 8 yr old daughter mind you) i rush home find her in a crowd of people the mother of the 11 yr old Boy that pushed her down and broke her tooth was arguing with my wife. The lady had about 3 or 4 other women their and had a broom in her hand. Just as i walked up the lady cocked the broom back and my wife stepped right up to her face and asked her to please give her the excuse she needed. Chick backed down real quick. You never wanna mess with mama bear lol
I would sooner mess with a 300 pound weightlifter than even think of crossing a 120 pound woman defending her child. The weightlifter is just gonna beat the everlovin' sh!t out of ya. The mother defending her child ain't gonna stop until you are dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g23shooter View Post
My wife is from Cambodia and we have been together over 23 years. When she was 22 and Pol Pot took over they took her families land and assets, took her then current husband in the middle of the night and he never came home. She lost about 6 other family members during that time. She was forced into a labor camp with her daughter, then maybe 3 or 4 years old. She survived that and took her Daughter along with the company of about 200 others and trekked over 100 mies on foot through the jungle and unimproved road to Thailand with her child on her back. On that walk she was able to see and walk through what we have come to know as the Killing Fields. According to her they had lost more than 100 people t mines and sickness. After 2 years in Thailand and 1 year in the Philippines. Then getting sponsored to the US and 7 years later she earned her Citizenship.

Is my wife tough? No recent displays, she acts I suppose as many women do in a day to day basis. However if the SHTF I have no doubt I would probably be the one trying to catch up to her as she has proven that she is a survivor.
Your wife is one of the toughest people I have ever heard of. More than worthy of my respect. It would be an honor to meet her.

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #30
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 240 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by g23shooter

Pass my salute to her for me. I deeply respect her strong will to live, to survive and to lost her loved ones. Salute Madam!