Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How tough is your other half??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've seen my wife fight, give birth, and deal with my stupidity for ten years. If that isn't enough i don't know what is, but i came home after a urgent call from her, somthing about the kid getting beat up (my 8 yr old daughter mind you) i rush home find her in a crowd of people the mother of the 11 yr old Boy that pushed her down and broke her tooth was arguing with my wife. The lady had about 3 or 4 other women their and had a broom in her hand. Just as i walked up the lady cocked the broom back and my wife stepped right up to her face and asked her to please give her the excuse she needed. Chick backed down real quick. You never wanna mess with mama bear lol

Old 08-19-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 200 Times on 172 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I seen my wife had contraction (did i use the right word?) for 12 hours, gave birth, manages her restaurant & employees during hard times and very smart to make me sincerely buying her LV handbags.

I love her so much and can't live withouy her and my 5 months baby boy.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
I seen my wife had contraction (did i use the right word?) for 12 hours, gave birth, manages her restaurant & employees during hard times and very smart to make me sincerely buying her LV handbags.

I love her so much and can't live withouy her and my 5 months baby boy.
That right there.........

Old 08-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 758 Times on 465 Posts
Likes Given: 156

I wouldn't trade mine for anything. She'll take a lickin and keep on tickin. She's even a better shot than I. But, she's deadly allergic to bee stings

Old 08-19-2012, 01:37 PM   #15

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Mine was up and walking (up and down the stairs and driving) the day after we came home from the hospital with both our kids and they were both C-sections. I think I'd a lot more rest if I had just had my guts cut open. She had double bunion surgery one summer, even though the Doc said do one at a time. She also recently had a molar pulled and a bone graft done and I was impressed with how well she did. I don't handle dentist visits very well at all. She's a tough old bird.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:51 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 153 Times on 91 Posts

I met my wife in the army she was psy ops. She is one tough cookie and she can shoot better then me. It was very embarassing the first time we went to the range we were dating still and i brought her with some of my buddies she picks up my ar and out shot me it was a sad sight the guys never let me live that one down

Old 08-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #17

Liked 4529 Times on 2189 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

Them ladies are tough but mines given me 4 healthy children with no pain killers, n spinal tap do-hickeys...or whatever there called...natural birth all 4 times.

I've endured MANY 25 mile road marches toting over 100 lbs of gear and weapons. Anyone who's done this knows the gut check required to keep going when the blisters keep speeding with every step and the ruck feels like it's hanging onto your traps with meat hooks but I still don't think it tops natural childbirth...

And she ELECTED to do it 4 times!

I'd say I'm a fairly strong guy but I've never stepped out on a 25 mile march by choice.

Hats off to her!

Tack

Old 08-19-2012, 04:14 PM   #18
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Them ladies are tough but mines given me 4 healthy children with no pain killers, n spinal tap do-hickeys...or whatever there called...natural birth all 4 times.

I've endured MANY 25 mile road marches toting over 100 lbs of gear and weapons. Anyone who's done this knows the gut check required to keep going when the blisters keep speeding with every step and the ruck feels like it's hanging onto your traps with meat hooks but I still don't think it tops natural childbirth...

And she ELECTED to do it 4 times!

I'd say I'm a fairly strong guy but I've never stepped out on a 25 mile march by choice.

Hats off to her!

Tack
That's pain that none of us guys will ever know about. Kudos to your wife man.

Old 08-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #19

Liked 14 Times on 9 Posts

My wife is from Cambodia and we have been together over 23 years. When she was 22 and Pol Pot took over they took her families land and assets, took her then current husband in the middle of the night and he never came home. She lost about 6 other family members during that time. She was forced into a labor camp with her daughter, then maybe 3 or 4 years old. She survived that and took her Daughter along with the company of about 200 others and trekked over 100 mies on foot through the jungle and unimproved road to Thailand with her child on her back. On that walk she was able to see and walk through what we have come to know as the Killing Fields. According to her they had lost more than 100 people t mines and sickness. After 2 years in Thailand and 1 year in the Philippines. Then getting sponsored to the US and 7 years later she earned her Citizenship.

Is my wife tough? No recent displays, she acts I suppose as many women do in a day to day basis. However if the SHTF I have no doubt I would probably be the one trying to catch up to her as she has proven that she is a survivor.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6743 Times on 4074 Posts
Likes Given: 8041

My "other half" was not tough at all.

When the going got tough, he left.