Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   How tough is your other half?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/how-tough-your-other-half-70665/)

JonM 08-19-2012 05:09 AM

How tough is your other half??

the wife and i went to the range today and we get there get all our stuff setup. cease fire is called to attend targets so we head out to the 100 yard line to set up the targets. she picks up her backboard and pisses off a nest of wasps which proceed to sting the crap out of her trigger hand. they nail her a good bit, she's hopping around swatting em away. i run over to see how she is doing.

she says she is ok but it hurts. her hand starts to puff up but she goes to stapling her target up anyway. i ask her if she is sure she wants to keep going and says yes its what we came for.

we get back to the firing line and the range officer and some of the regulars ask her what happened she explains about getting stung. and heads to the bench and proceeds to put 30 rounds with her bcm ar15 and aimpoint T1 into a 5 inch circle...

im pretty sure the regular's opinion of her raised quite a bit :)

after we left she said she wasnt about to let those old guys think she was a weeny!!

towboater 08-19-2012 05:34 AM

She is quite a woman. Impressive indeed.

Fathead00 08-19-2012 06:00 AM

I know my better half is tough. We used to play co-ed softball and ZG played 3rd base. A guy hits a bullet at her and blows right through her glove. The shortstop got the ball and we get out of the inning, but ZG threw her glove to the ground. I come running in from the outfield to see and she shows me her hand. I looked and her pinky finger is pointed backwards toward her. One of the girls on the team popped it back and ZG still played the whole game. I told her "I love her, but I wasn't going to pop her finger back." The guy told her he was going to put her lower in the roster to let her rest a little longer.

JonM 08-19-2012 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00 (Post 908836)
I know my better half is tough. We used to play co-ed softball and ZG played 3rd base. A guy hits a bullet at her and blows right through her glove. The shortstop got the ball and we get out of the inning, but ZG threw her glove to the ground. I come running in from the outfield to see and she shows me her hand. I looked and her pinky finger is pointed backwards toward her. One of the girls on the team popped it back and ZG still played the whole game. I told her "I love her, but I wasn't going to pop her finger back." The guy told her he was going to put her lower in the roster to let her rest a little longer.

Thats awesome!! good job to her for being strong!!

winds-of-change 08-19-2012 06:49 AM

In both situations, I'd cry like a baby. :(

JonM 08-19-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 908859)
In both situations, I'd cry like a baby. :(

Crying isnt the issue. Would you still cowboy or cowgirl up and drive on?? Im betting you would

winds-of-change 08-19-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 908861)
Crying isnt the issue. Would you still cowboy or cowgirl up and drive on?? Im betting you would

The bee stings, maybe. The funky finger, no. :o

kfox75 08-19-2012 08:04 AM

About 3 months after we got married, my wife managed to slam her hand in the gap between the door and the cab of my 91 Chevy, latching it shut over three of her fingers. After about 30 seconds of the worst profanity I had heard at that point in my life, (remeber, I was raised by a Marine) she leaned her other shoulder into the door, lifted the handle, and popped it open. She had me reset her fingers, and drove to the hospital to get checked out. Came back with two of them taped up and splinted. The only complaint she had was that she would have to make up two weeks in the winter archery league waiting for her fingers to heal.

Do I think she's tough? The fact that she puts up with me should be answer enough.

mudpupp 08-19-2012 08:18 AM

Damn!!

All of you should be darn proud!

Them some all American women.

danf_fl 08-19-2012 10:19 AM

I knew it was love when she carved "I Love you" in the steering wheel of my car with a switchblade.