How to tell you're whipped... - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How to tell you're whipped...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2012, 04:45 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Well, here's a picture of her new Henry.

__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:56 AM   #12
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 6,763
Liked 2491 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 717

Default

Check out this link for something to get you by.
http://swfa.com/Optisan-1-4x24-Mamba-EAR30-Mount-Combo-P51887.aspx

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:58 AM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Appreciated JTJ. Gonna be shooting with a red dot for a bit, just to see how I like it, then I'm going to decide if I want a regular scope or a magnifier and better red dot.

__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Lake Havasu,Arizona
Posts: 6,763
Liked 2491 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 717

Default

I use the Bushnell Trophy version of this. At 1X with the reticle turned on, you have a red dot. You can crank it up to 4X and you still have a scope if the battery fails. I hate being battery or electronics dependent.

__________________

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

JTJ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I use the Bushnell Trophy version of this. At 1X with the reticle turned on, you have a red dot. You can crank it up to 4X and you still have a scope if the battery fails. I hate being battery or electronics dependent.
I like that idea. How is it for acquisition and speed?
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
winds-of-change's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 24,215
Liked 7982 Times on 4790 Posts
Likes Given: 10263

Default

You are not whipped. You are a kind, unselfish and considerate husband. I've looked at a Henry lever repeater myself quite recently. I'm going to have to buy my own, though.

__________________
Honor Student: School of Hard Knocks
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritatus
winds-of-change is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
You are not whipped. You are a kind, unselfish and considerate husband. I've looked at a Henry lever repeater myself quite recently. I'm going to have to buy my own, though.
Winds, I'm southern. I proudly proclaim my whippedness. She's my best friend and wife, all the good things that make it fun to get up and eager to go to bed. I don't use 'whipped' as an insult. It's a badge of honor.
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:28 AM   #18
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
kfox75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wrong side of the tracks, Erie PA,
Posts: 2,881
Liked 1847 Times on 1145 Posts
Likes Given: 10398

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
Winds, I'm southern. I proudly proclaim my whippedness. She's my best friend and wife, all the good things that make it fun to get up and eager to go to bed. I don't use 'whipped' as an insult. It's a badge of honor.
"Whipped" is not an insult, It is just another way of saying "smart, sensitive, and observant." All good qualities, and a badge of honor.

For my wifes birthday this year, I bought a wrecked 1997 Dakota for her and fixed it up. 4X4, 318, Sport package, extended cab. The one she wanted for the last year. She loves it. As a result of this, she took me down to our LGS and told me that I was not allowed to leave without atleast ordering one of the rifles I have been coveting for the last six months. My left handed Ruger Gunsite Scout should be in by the end of next week.

Congrats on 29 years with your best friend Ben. My best friend and I have been together for ten, and are looking forward to many more. As you already know, do for her, and she will do for you.
__________________

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.


Last edited by kfox75; 04-05-2012 at 07:33 AM.
kfox75 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox75 View Post
"Whipped" is not an insult, It is just another way of saying "smart, sensitive, and observant." All good qualities, and a badge of honor.

For my wifes birthday this year, I bought a wrecked 1997 Dakota for her and fixed it up. 4X4, 318, Sport package, extended cab. The one she wanted for the last year. She loves it. As a result of this, she took me down to our LGS and told me that I was not allowed to leave without atleast ordering one of the rifles I have been coveting for the last six months. My left handed Ruger Gunsite Scout should be in by the end of next week.

Congrats on 29 years with your best friend Ben. My best friend and I have been together for ten, and are looking forward to many more. As you already know, do for her, and she will do for you.
Yep. Now I am on the prowl for a cheap left handed bolt action for our son. He wants to have a 'mad minute' with me.
__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BenLuby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Douglasville,Georgia
Posts: 2,181
Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default

And kfox, congrats on the decade, truck and the new rifle!! Enjoy all three, but REALLY enjoy the time with the Mrs.

__________________

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

BenLuby is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes