Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   How to tell you're whipped... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/how-tell-youre-whipped-61866/)

BenLuby 04-05-2012 02:27 AM

How to tell you're whipped...

Well, I went to town today, fully intent on buying myself a scope for my AR that I am finishing up on the assembly, and the only part I wanted left, was the red dot sight and magnifier.
While at my LGS, I am waiting on the clerk to dig up a rail riser, and happened to look up. And there it was.
My wife is a lover of the old Henry Rifles, and a huge fan of .22's as well. And there sat a brand spanking new .22 Henry Rifle Golden Boy.
Long story short, instead of going home with a very nice red dot? My wife got her anniversary present early. I ordered a cheap red dot to hold me over until I can scrounge up enough money. Only and utter idiot pays $500 for a .22...wait...guess I'm that idiot. (Wife is absolutely ecstatic, by the way.)

tomgodd 04-05-2012 02:31 AM

Congrats on the golden boy. Sorry about the optics. Lol. I javef done things like this. It's worth the look on the wifes face when she opens/receives her gift. Good husband!

Thomas

BenLuby 04-05-2012 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomgodd (Post 762005)
Congrats on the golden boy. Sorry about the optics. Lol. I javef done things like this. It's worth the look on the wifes face when she opens/receives her gift. Good husband!

Thomas

29th Anniversary. She deserves a yacht after putting up with me that long, but ah well.
You're right. The look was worth it. Now to figure out what to get her next. I was thinking matching ammo...

tomgodd 04-05-2012 02:36 AM

Matching ammo would be great. I feel sorry for my wife married for 1 year been together 5. I don't know how she does it. Lol! Congrats on the anniversary!

Thomas

BlueTurf 04-05-2012 02:58 AM

Ben, it sounds like you made a good investment.:)

c3shooter 04-05-2012 03:03 AM

Good boy! You have learned well!

If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!:p

BenLuby 04-05-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 762036)
Good boy! You have learned well!

If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!:p

Ain't that the truth!! She tells me to beat a kid, I don't even ask. I learned very early on who was in charge, in spite of the illusion put forward in public.

rbmorris 04-05-2012 03:14 AM

You and I are both lucky to have wives who would appreciate getting a new gun. The trick is guessing the RIGHT gun.

BenLuby 04-05-2012 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbmorris (Post 762049)
You and I are both lucky to have wives who would appreciate getting a new gun. The trick is guessing the RIGHT gun.

She's always loved lever actions and .22. The Henry is, as far as I am concerned, the pinnacle of the lever action made in this day and age, and they are simply works of art.
Plus, I listen to her when I am browsing and looking for 'me', I dig to see what she wants. Otherwise, I would have no clue.

texaswoodworker 04-05-2012 04:05 AM

lol, good job keeping the wife happy. Maybe now she won't mind you buying MORE guns. :D