How to spot a phony Seal poser.... - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How to spot a phony Seal poser....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Way to go Sir!
In my head, I see the conversation ending like this

"Your ammo may stay...but you"

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 05-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #12

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Kudo's to you Jack. It all ended well too. The jerk got spanked, and you were paid the spanking fee.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:01 AM   #13

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

We have a guy up here that claims his brother is special forces army, and can get him in, all he has to do is lose some weight. Oh, and he has no prior military experience.

He's about 38 years old, 5'10" and 280 lbs.

"All I gotta do is lose some weight "............

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 05-06-2011, 01:25 AM   #14

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

awesome B.S. calling out on that poser Jack!

congrats on your free ammo too

whats next? Navy Green Sniper Seals

Old 05-06-2011, 01:36 AM   #15

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Funny as hell, Jack!! I wish I could have seen the guys face when you asked for his graduating class number. I'll bet his eyes dropped faster than his jaw!

WELL DONE, SIR!!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 05-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #16

Good call on the BUDS thing. I guarantee the guy would know his class number, instructor's names, dates and places or class events etc.

There was something on the news that said there has only been ~2800 people that have graduated and been awarded the title of SEAL. That would mean they are few and far between, and probably know in an instant who is and isn't.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
BTW, have I mentioned I hate posers...and video war game, educated experts.

But again, that's just me.....
Cool! A Face-To-Face poser! I remember we had one or two pop up here on the forum a couple of years ago, but I don't run in to them face-to-face that often, anymore...

I ran into a BUNCH of them who were contractors in Iraq... it seems every old civilian I came in contact with was a former green beret special forces vietnam sniper that top secret 201 files and such...

It's cool you got the free ammo... dude shoulda known it takes more than buying a budweiser hat to be a SEAL.

FUNNY (and true) STORY: Last time I was in Iraq, we had a group of SEALs stationed on our FOB. They had their own little compound, but we'd occasionally see them out and about.

I was at the finance office smoking and joking outside with one of the Army finance sergeants when a SEAL captain and lieutenant drove up... he said, "here comes a colonel and a captain," and I told him, "no, that's a captain and lieutenant."

The sergeant didn't believe me. When the SEALs got out of their truck and started to walk in, I stopped them and explained how the sergeant didn't believe me when I told him their ranks. I asked the captain to tell the sergeant his rank, and he replied, "I'm a Navy colonel."

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com

Old 05-06-2011, 05:15 AM   #18

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
I usually run into the "former Special Forces, but I was really an assasin for the CIA" types. Usually just tell them I never saw them at any of the meetings, or the potluck dinner.

But yes, the Seals are gonna be coming out of the woodwork. Gonna be so many members of Team 6 that I doubt that would all fit in Dam Neck VA.
Never saw any SEALs during my "B" school at Dam Neck. Just those damn fly-boys from Oceana NAS rattling the barracks windows with their Mach exit to feet wet .

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-06-2011, 05:52 AM   #19

Liked 215 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Hydrashok, with some of the smart arsed officers I knew when wearing sailor blue, yep!
I met a poser online recently claiming to be a Naval officer and a DI at a Navy training base...except there is no such thing. Navy instructors are called company commanders.
They are everywhere. There is a website out there for debunking SEAL posers and such, and real SEALS don't like posers. I met one once. Reminded me of the Robin Williams joke, "Seems normal, but the eyes go 'Helter Skelter!'". We had a bunch of EOD on board in the Gulf, they were nuts enough for me.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:41 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
...and real SEALS don't like posers.
The SEALs I met didn't really seem to give a crap. They were VERY laid back. Army Rangers, on the other hand...

My encounter with the captain and lieutenant in Iraq was the only time I talked to them there... saw 'em all the time, but I know they are kinda like cops... wanna hang with their own.

I did, however, get to be OPFOR for a squad or platoon or however-the-hell they're organized from "Team 6" at Ft. Hood several years ago. Their fire team against our company. We absolutely slaughtered the first fire team.

We conducted a quick AAR, then went at it again...

The second fire team killed us all before we knew we were dead! It was amazing to watch!!! Synchronized manhole covers popping up, them guys coming out fast and strong, and us standing there with our mouth open, dead, and not believing what we just saw!

But they gave us some classes in exchange for letting them kill us They were hella laid back. The only thing I begrudged them for was 1) they got to wear civies, and 2) they had some really neat toys! I mean, really! How's a bunch of dudes wearing jeans and sneakers gonna beat us soldiers wearing combat uniforms!

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com