Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How old are we?

View Poll Results: Our ages
Under 20 8 3.90%
20 - 29 41 20.00%
30 - 39 40 19.51%
40 - 49 39 19.02%
50 - 59 48 23.41%
60 or over 29 14.15%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowryde45 View Post
Hit the big 5-2 this year.

Who's old???

Just because my happy hour is a nap, doesn't mean I'm old. Nor when getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.

I would worry more if you and your teeth don't sleep together. Or when everything hurts and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work. Your back goes out more than you do. Your ears are hairier than your head. Your mind makes contracts your body can't keep.

But worst of all...When your birth certificate says expired on it.

Whew...got a bit of time yet...and plan to enjoy it as much as I have the first half.

Slo
+1 slo,

I don't wanta die in great shape, with lungs of a 21 yo and a heart of a marathon runner!

I want to slide in with a cloud of dust sayin' "Whoa, what a ride!"

Just remember, a loose slide makes for a good running 1911!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 09-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #82

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 42

71 and still climbing the mountain. Just have to rest more often. Ammo too expensive to waste, so I hunt only when I need the food.

America: Love it and protect it or leave it!
In God I Trust
I Support Arizona

Old 09-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #83

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

-----33-----

Old 09-22-2009, 03:59 AM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 445 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 144

52 last spring,,,, it aint the years, it's the mileage.I'm not in bad shape for my age,, been busted up some and have the typical aches and pains, but I still chase the wife around the bedroom,, then stub my toes on the post.

Jeff

Old 09-22-2009, 11:11 AM   #85

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
+1 slo,

I don't wanta die in great shape, with lungs of a 21 yo and a heart of a marathon runner!

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO- HOO what a ride!"

Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I am only 33 but I am as grumpy as a 80 year old that ran out of all bran and metamucil....
Hey tango, when I was in college I earned the nick name old man (my last name) because of my views and my willingness to speak out on them.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-22-2009, 01:30 PM   #87

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

It's funny how our position in life changes. For years I was always "the kid" at work. I was a senior NCO when I was 27 and most folks saw that as to young. Heck, I retired from the military at 37 - still a reasonably young man.

Not sure when it happened really but one day I realized I had become "the old man". It snuck up on me for sure as you really don't see yourself "aging" suddenly as it a gradual & sneaky process. Probably the most reflective moment I've experienced age wise was when my oldest kid turned 30...

Old 09-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #88

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
+1 slo,

Heck I'm too young to be old yet.

Last week I showed my 21 yr old son how to do a double jump at the motor cross track. He was pretty shocked when I told him I used to ride Pro, well sponsored and paid to ride back in '74 What was even more priceless was the look on his face (and mine) when I landed it.

For this year, if the weather holds out, I'm going to take the Mrs. on a tandem sky-dive. It will be an anniversary present, for both of us. For her, it will be her first ever. For me, it will be my 1500th jump, after a 16 year hiatus from it. So I am soooooo looking forward to it. Might even go buy some Depends...just in case I've lost anything along the way (or in case I lose anything that day)

Life's too short to hide in the house sipping Geritol-Metamucil cocktails and watching infomercials to find out what Billy Mays or Eric Estrada are selling today.

Okay, so I may have a little more hair sprouting out of my ears than on my head - so? And maybe I am starting to look more and more like a possible new member to the Dickey-Doo club every year. But hey - all the plumbing still works, the pipes get flushed regularly (more than I can say even for my single-younger buddies), sure everything hurts a little more at the end of the day, but if tomorrow I didn't wake up - well, I'd know that I enjoyed the best ride of my life - no regrets.

Slo

Old 09-22-2009, 06:32 PM   #89

In my 30’s I went in the Army reserves, and learned to program computers. In my 40’s I went to my first rock concert, and in my late 40’s I drove 175 miles to see a dead show. In my 50’s I learned how to build and repair computers. At age of 62 I went to my first protest, September this year, and started reloading. At 19 I ran up the steps of the Washington Monument it would take some time for me to walk up it today. I can steel cut ¾ acres of grass with a gas push mower and shovel snow off my 175-foot drive way, takes me longer.

p-dead.jpg  

Death By Gun Control The Mother of All Stats
In the 20th Century, at least 170,000,000 people were murdered by their own governments -- more killed than by crime – more than killed by war.
http://jpfo.org/index.htm

Old 09-22-2009, 06:48 PM   #90
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I saw my only Dead show in April 1995, the spring before Garcia died. It was a very interesting show. I now know to ask more questions when buying food in a parking lot, especially mushroom burritos from hippy chicks.