How Often Do You Shoot? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How Often Do You Shoot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4445 Times on 2202 Posts
Likes Given: 956

I don't get to shoot as much as I'd like to, maybe every week or so, but I do practice dry fire, speed reloads, drawing from a holster and other drills between 10-30 minutes daily.

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 10-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #52

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
The fact that you wish me to be in an unsafe position reinforces the creep factor. What kind of a person would wish that on someone? (Hint: a creep?). Hope you don't shoot yourself in the foot, or worse yet, have your gun taken from you and attacked with it. I am sincere about that. I should have known my comments would create such offense for some on this site. Not all of us are here to hunt, there are many other types. Like folks who call you "stooooopid" when they disagree with you. Serious intellect happening there. Whatever. Good luck to you!
Whoa man, I must have missed something but yea, if you two disagree about something, it's no biggie, everyone is entitled to their own opinions regardless if some find them irrational or not.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #53
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21987 Times on 12397 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

sorry Chloe, but you're a definate minority in your way of thinking here. many of us take personal protection and protection of our loved ones very seriously. personally i am not in the least scared to take on anyone man to man, but i am sure not going to want to find out someone is intent on doing harm to me or my family that is armed and i'm not.

i was just giving you a hard time about time about you turning in your man card and joking with you, but you seem to want to throw out insults and threats and make it personal, well so be it. i guess my skin is thicker than your's. so ease back the throttles a little and chill out. your choice if you don't feel the need to protect yourself, but don't get your panties in a wad and call others who do names.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #54

Yea, this thread was a good discussion till it got pissy, expect it to be closed shortly once our admins see it.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-08-2012, 03:16 AM   #55

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
sorry Chloe, but you're a definate minority in your way of thinking here. many of us take personal protection and protection of our loved ones very seriously. personally i am not in the least scared to take on anyone man to man, but i am sure not going to want to find out someone is intent on doing harm to me or my family that is armed and i'm not.

i was just giving you a hard time about time about you turning in your man card and joking with you, but you seem to want to throw out insults and threats and make it personal, well so be it. i guess my skin is thicker than your's. so ease back the throttles a little and chill out. your choice if you don't feel the need to protect yourself, but don't get your panties in a wad and call others who do names.
You should really take your own advice. You attempt to sound diplomatic, but can't keep yourself from throwing out additional insults. It seems to be a pattern, IMHO

I don't argue with anyone's right to have firearms for self protection, but I stand by my words and honestly say it creeps me out. I take care of my loved ones just fine. Without carrying. I don't hang out with people that do carry. I hang out with many gun owners. To each their own. Different views of the world and the danger it poses. And understand this Axxee: I speak my mind whether I am in the minority or not. I don't need to carry a firearm to feel safe, that's just me. I have spent too much time on this already, I'm out, so go ahead and have your last word. I'm out

Old 10-08-2012, 03:18 AM   #56

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus
Yea, this thread was a good discussion till it got pissy, expect it to be closed shortly once our admins see it.
Yes it was. Some folks are just trolls. Ah well.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #57

Quote:
You should really take your own advice. You attempt to sound diplomatic, but can't keep yourself from throwing out additional insults. It seems to be a pattern, IMHO

I don't argue with anyone's right to have firearms for self protection, but I stand by my words and honestly say it creeps me out. I take care of my loved ones just fine. Without carrying. I don't hang out with people that do carry. I hang out with many gun owners. To each their own. Different views of the world and the danger it poses. And understand this Axxee: I speak my mind whether I am in the minority or not. I don't need to carry a firearm to feel safe, that's just me. I have spent too much time on this already, I'm out, so go ahead and have your last word. I'm out
lol ok nevermind, I was trying to be fair but this dude has displayed a level of douchebaggery that I once thought impossible to achieve.

People Like This 
Old 10-08-2012, 03:27 AM   #58

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus

lol ok nevermind, I was trying to be fair but this dude has displayed a level of douchebaggery that I once thought impossible to achieve.
It is not impossible. And unfortunately, we're only encouraging it. Trolls argue like democrats...
Old 10-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #59
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1250 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 596

I shoot rifles every week.I don't shoot my pistols as often as I should,but I shoot them proficiently with either hand and have never had a problem putting rounds exactly where I want them to be placed.
I really don't worry much about "Bad Guy's" being a threat,I rarely go to populated places,and there's only one way in/out where I live and everyone near me owns/shoot guns too!
I usually don't carry firearms in public,but I always have at least 4-5 very sharp and effective blades on me,just in case.If it's going to get nasty,I'd rather do it up close and personal.

Old 10-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #60
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8708 Times on 5034 Posts
Likes Given: 11315

Quote:
I shoot once a week, and am very familiar with my guns, both in terms of function and accuracy (all long guns). I keep them un-loaded and all ammo is secure. I don't have them for self defense, they are for target shooting and hunting.

I am not planning for the end of the world or any of that BS. People that think they need firearms for self defense in this country tend to creep me out. If you live in an unsafe area, move. If you suffer from zombie delusions, please sell your firearms and seek help!
Well good for you, hope that works out OK for ya.

I live in a "safe" area. Crime still happens. My wife was the victim of a home invasion robbery back in 1960 when the lived right up the road form where we live today.

This home invasion murder took place very close by here in a "nice" neighborhood. http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/suspect-arrested-in-saratoga-murder-home-invasion-case

If my decision to own firearms for self defense creeps you out, are you OK with thugs brutalizing defenseless victims?