How Often Do You Shoot? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > How Often Do You Shoot?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm good now. Thank you.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
Statistic waiting to happen? Bleep off, dude. I don't live with paranoid delusions. And I'll out man you any day. Being a man isn't about guns. What an idiot!
wow! that's classic keyboard commando tactics. i actually expected better, but what the hell. you did your best. good try there Sparky!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #43
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide View Post
Once a week here, guns vary though. Not real concerned as much with competency as I am with having fun!
Hightide any time my finger is on a trigger i'm having fun even when i'm serious!

Old 10-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #44

Liked 144 Times on 99 Posts

I try to go every two weeks, but atleast once a month, even to put a box of 50 through the pistol an 10-15 through the shotty. About a 20 minute range trip, just to stay fresh

Old 10-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #45

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

wow! that's classic keyboard commando tactics. i actually expected better, but what the hell. you did your best. good try there Sparky!
You seem quite pleased with yourself, "Sparky". I imagine someone with your attitude/smart mouth is indeed well served to have a firearm for self defense lol.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:30 AM   #46

Liked 382 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 156

My wife and I shoot every weekend, plus I shoot one defensive competition per month and take at least one pistol or rifle class per month. Lots of trigger time to hone such a fun and important hobby.

01100011011011110110110101100101001000000110000101 10111001100100001000000111010001100001011010110110 01010010000001110100011010000110010101101101

Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 AM   #47

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter
I shoot once a week, and am very familiar with my guns, both in terms of function and accuracy (all long guns). I keep them un-loaded and all ammo is secure. I don't have them for self defense, they are for target shooting and hunting.

I am not planning for the end of the world or any of that BS. People that think they need firearms for self defense in this country tend to creep me out. If you live in an unsafe area, move. If you suffer from zombie delusions, please sell your firearms and seek help!
I'm more than capable of protecting myself from an attack, who is with knife or unarmed. Not against one with a gun. Reason that I carry a pistol is because you never know. I do live in a nice town in a nice area. Crime isn't high, but it does exist. If you think it doesn't, your delusional.

I don't get hyped up about zombies, the movies bore me etc, but I do carry a weapon. I don't prep for anything, but I do buy ammo on a consistent basis. I shoot once every couple of months if I'm lucky. Am I a creeper?

Should I lay my weapons down and hope that señor mugger is unarmed when he attack my
Family and I? I'll rip a man limb to limb before I'd shoot him. If he has a gun and intends to use it, and I get the draw on him, I'll do what's required to stop the threat.

I would rather break bones, dislocate limbs, or bring physical non lethal injury to an attacker, but if I have to use it, deadly force is an option. You think the police are here to save you?! Your freaking stooooopid man. I need the protection, I want the assurance. If you find me weird, that's your own damn problem. Better yet...... I hope you find yourself in a situation one day, and eat your words about not needing them for defense. I wish you no harm to come, but I want you to **** your pants.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #48

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

Not enough. Not as much as i would like. I don't carry yet but I would try my best to defend my wife and myself if needed.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:45 AM   #49

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

I do actually own firearms and yes I'm confident that I could use one to defend myself and/or loved ones. Range trips are very sporadic, I try to at the very least once or twice a month but sometimes more, let's say I shoot one week while my wife had to work (she works rotating days in nursing) and then that night she'll say "Man, I wish I could have gone, I'd like to try that so-and-so gun" So we'll figure out the next soonest day we both can go, which is what I prefer anyway, she's my best friend and I like watching her shoot so sometimes I end up shooting more than once a week however I do not re-load.

That's one of the great things about firearms, you can spend allot of time researching and learning numbers and history and specific mechanics and of course talking about them.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 10-08-2012, 02:48 AM   #50

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater

I'm more than capable of protecting myself from an attack, who is with knife or unarmed. Not against one with a gun. Reason that I carry a pistol is because you never know. I do live in a nice town in a nice area. Crime isn't high, but it does exist. If you think it doesn't, your delusional.

I don't get hyped up about zombies, the movies bore me etc, but I do carry a weapon. I don't prep for anything, but I do buy ammo on a consistent basis. I shoot once every couple of months if I'm lucky. Am I a creeper?

Should I lay my weapons down and hope that señor mugger is unarmed when he attack my
Family and I? I'll rip a man limb to limb before I'd shoot him. If he has a gun and intends to use it, and I get the draw on him, I'll do what's required to stop the threat.

I would rather break bones, dislocate limbs, or bring physical non lethal injury to an attacker, but if I have to use it, deadly force is an option. You think the police are here to save you?! Your freaking stooooopid man. I need the protection, I want the assurance. If you find me weird, that's your own damn problem. Better yet...... I hope you find yourself in a situation one day, and eat your words about not needing them for defense. I wish you no harm to come, but I want you to **** your pants.
The fact that you wish me to be in an unsafe position reinforces the creep factor. What kind of a person would wish that on someone? (Hint: a creep?). Hope you don't shoot yourself in the foot, or worse yet, have your gun taken from you and attacked with it. I am sincere about that. I should have known my comments would create such offense for some on this site. Not all of us are here to hunt, there are many other types. Like folks who call you "stooooopid" when they disagree with you. Serious intellect happening there. Whatever. Good luck to you!